What's new

SFP+ vs RJ45

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wouldn't that depend on what your ISP service is delivered as? Or, do you have a choice?

If you have a choice, and you also have a 10GbE switch (which doesn't have SPF+) to connect the RJ45 Port to, then your choice seems likes it's made for you. :)

Wouldn't that depend on what your ISP service is delivered as? Or, do you have a choice?

If you have a choice, and you also have a 10GbE switch (which doesn't have SPF+) to connect the RJ45 Port to, then your choice seems likes it's made for you. :)
I have a 10 gtek and a mikrotik 10gb transceiver. From a switch that I'm trying to set up at my work. Was just wondering if its better to use them then the rj45 port. I have comcast gigabit plan with the new moto mb8611 for my isp. I live in baltimore city and fios isn't available yet.

Not familiar with your equipment or your ISP.

I hope that the parts you have will give you greater than 1Gbps speeds (as your modem allows it).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!