What's new

sfx - keeping busy

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
Sorry to not have been active on the forums over the last couple of months - I still do step in from time to time on items that interest me, but for general topics, I've backed away, mostly out of time needed. I'm a co-founder on a startup focused on the 3G sunset here in the US, and industries impacted by it - e.g. embedded 3G modems - and along with others, have developed a hardware/software platform around smart 3G to 4G conversion.

As many know - I'm based out of San Diego - and it's the home of 2G/3G/4G/5G. where Qualcomm has built out not only an industry, but a community of experts on all things wireless on the Wide Area Network...

To that end - much work on 4G modem driver support over QMI/MBIM - I've based efforts on OpenWRT, as this is fairly small footprint compared to my earlier efforts - interesting what one can get in to a 64MB RAM/16MB Flash space on MIPS32 - platform of choice is AR93xx...

Outside of embedded firmware, I've had to focus on end-to-end, and all the support subsystems from an architecture view - but this is what I do, this is my background - systems design and product development.

I'm still around - and always appreciate the connections made here on the forums - share some, get some back, and this is how a positive community works - many thanks to folks like @thiggins and @RMerlin - and many others.

Here’s wishing you every possible success.

(I only discovered your post thanks to the nutter on the Merlin forum objecting to the AIProtection EULA and his post being transferred here. Must be the first time I’ve been on this forum.)

Checking in...

With the Corona and everything in the upside down 2020.

I'm ok - we're being safe - masks, social distancing, etc... same with the company. We've had a few covid positives, like any group - and treat them with support and compassion.

I've been really busy on my end - which limits my time - it's not a lack of interest.

Project - going well actually - considering the corona impact...

Wishing everyone good health - with the Corona, be patient, keep vigilant - make it "if", not "when"

Masks - it's science, not politics... I wear them out of respect to others, because at any time I could have the corona myself...

Update...

Keeping safe here... I hope all are here - science, not politics - a mask is not a muzzle...

Going into the holidays - the corona is still around, so stay home, be safe...

With the startup - we're being acquired - we closed out a couple of days before Thanksgiving - all is good here.

Me - out at the beach house in Encinitas...

IMG_2727.jpg

Ahh Encinita, I love Scotland!

@sfx2000
Edit: I am glad to read that you (and hopefully everyone) are staying safe!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!