What's new

AiMesh FAILURE - cannot add AX11000, GT-AC5300, RT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lindros2

Regular Contributor
After years and years of success with AiMesh, I am at my wits end after 5 hours of hell.
IN SUMMARY - WHAT CAN I DO TO CONNECT AN AIMESH NODE TO A NEW AXE16000? I've tried wired and wireless, (computer) browser and (mobile) app. WAN up, WAN down. Other wifi devices off.

NEW: AXE16000 main
EXISTING (reset 20 times each) - GT-AX11000, GT-AC5300, RT-AC5300.

Old main used to be GT-AC5300. As many talking heads here and on Reddit and Asus forums continue to ask, "why don't you use the new one as the main, you moron?"
Well here is why.

I've tried 100+ f!*&#@!*(&# times to get the GT/RT-AC5300 to pair, and all i have to show for it is an idiot interaction with Asus support (Jamaica, mon!) and bloody hands.
The AX11000 finally connected on the 15th try. The others continue to fail.

1703368836134.jpeg
1703368906171.png

After years and years of success with AiMesh

Looking at your posts history you had quite a bit of issues and now you dug yourself deeper in AiMesh. This time with a main router expecting 3.0.0.6 102 Pro firmware to nodes on 3.0.0.4 388 and two End-Of-Life models on 386. What you need is somewhere between Good Luck and Christmas Miracle. 🎁

Looking at your posts history you had quite a bit of issues and now you dug yourself deeper in AiMesh. This time with a main router expecting 3.0.0.6 102 Pro firmware to nodes on 3.0.0.4 388 and two End-Of-Life models on 386. What you need is somewhere between Good Luck and Christmas Miracle. 🎁
Asus has claimed that "any device which supports AiMesh will work with any other." I confirmed 50x.
And, yes, with posts in the past - AX11000, AC5300, GT5300 were okay. But radios degrade and die, so I wanted a new main.

I replaced it all with Google. Much better. Not as fast on top end, but works brilliantly and took 15 minutes from removal of shrinkwrap to 100% complete.

Because google, having mined your entire public network experience, knows you better than you know yourself and don't offer configuration possibilities you can use together to ensure use of their help line?

Because google, having mined your entire public network experience, knows you better than you know yourself and don't offer configuration possibilities you can use together to ensure use of their help line?
[Google removed 01/2024]

Last edited:
Final comment - by pulling out all older (non-388) devices -AND- turning off all the QOS + Trend crap, reliability improved tremendously, speed doubled, and stability is far better.

iPhone 15 Pro Max = 800Mbps
Most Win11/Mac = 700Mbps

Win10 client and macOS 14 on Repeater (AX11000) = 550Mbps