What's new

Should I upgrade to this firmware from Stock ASUS for AX88U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mobileman88

Regular Contributor
Hi, I have been a long time user of this firmware for my AC66 then AC68U (at least 4 years). I would like to know if I should upgrade to this firmware for the AX88U which I just purchased? It's currently on this firmware 3.0.0.4.384.8018

Yes! Yes ! Yes! :)

I mean, I would. :D

My checklist for getting a new router;
Pre purchase- Does it run Merlin?
Post purchase- Install Merlin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I have been a long time user of this firmware for my AC66 then AC68U (at least 4 years). I would like to know if I should upgrade to this firmware for the AX88U which I just purchased? It's currently on this firmware 3.0.0.4.384.8018

Honestly, what did you think this group would say. [emoji1787]

Yes! Yes ! Yes! :)

I mean, I would. :D
I always have recommended Merlin for AC66 and AC68. Would like to know any cons of certain functionality/drivers that won't work the same for AX88 as this is a new (to me) hardware? Thanks mate

My checklist for getting a new router;
Pre purchase- Does it run Merlin?
Post purchase- Install Merlin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would always do this for AC66 and AC68. Just trying to confirm if I should do it for my AX88 ?

I’m running 384.16 on my RT-AX88U and have since the alpha release. It runs better with Merlin and has a better GUI in a lot of places than the stock firmware.
It has no issues for me so far. Try it out and if you don’t like it go back to the stock firmware.

Get the router, flash RMerlin 384.16_0 release final.

Perform an M&M Config and Nuclear Reset (please see link in my signature below) to ensure the router has the best chance with your devices.

Any client devices that aren't behaving after this need to go. No, seriously. :)

HTH. :)

obviously you would why ask such a question