What's new

Significant update to 2.4ghz issue (at least on AC3200)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am seeing disconnects from 2.4 as well and the devices won't reconnect. Problem devices included the amazon echo dot, ring chime, an older Asus laptop and a replacement 2.4 USB wifi adapter I bought for the laptop to avoid the issues. I was able to get the echo going by turning off NAT acceleration. The laptop, USB wifi adapter, and Ring Chime continue to have issues. My 2.4 network does not 'go away' or turn into a 5ghz network like Adrien... indeed the other 2.4 clients are still connected and running happily. I am on 384.5.

384.3 does not work for me
I got an RMA for the problem 3200 , my older 3200's are not having any issues so far . The 3200 I RMA was bought 2 months ago so maybe there were hardware changes on the new 3200 , my 2 other 3200 were bought the month they were released so very early models .I'll see what happens with the replacement 3200 they send me and keep updating if there are problems .
did not take much to get the RMA , it's almost like Asus knows there is a problem ??

jerry6 post your hardware revision for your 3200's. Can be found on the sticker underneath the router.

Edit: In response to kfp's suggestion to provide a template. Here's a simple one:

Device: RT-AC3200
Hardware revision:
Firmware version:
Mode: Router or Access Point etc
Issues:

Last edited:
Reactions: kfp
jerry6 post your hardware revision for your 3200's. Can be found on the sticker underneath the router.

Edit: In response to kfp's suggestion to provide a template. Here's a simple one:

Hardware revision:
Issues:
Here you go
AC 3200
Hardware rev R2-35
Issues , 2.4 radio would show connect @ 300MBps but downloads would be 128 - 300 kbps

@azdps Haven’t noticed you actually added a template until now :p

Hardware revision: 2.35
Firmware version: 384.6_alpha2-gd75ce9a46
Mode: AP
Issues: None, uptime 4 days with no noticeable memory leaks. Both bands stable with Realtek devices and Apple working fine. No disconnects. No spurious "br0 entered promiscuous mode" or "notify_rc start_cfgsync" in logs. No CPU pinned at 100%.

Dirty flashed over 384.6 alpha1.