What's new

Single device can't join new Asus ax53u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

siriuz

New Around Here
Hey

I just got myself a new router Asus ax53u, upgrading from some really old D-Link.
Everything works well. Sonos, Phones, Laptops, Chromecast, no problem. EXCEPT my desktop computer.
It has a very old Edimax PCI-e network card, so I suspect compatibility issues?

The computer can connect to the old router. Even to my phone if I share a network.

The computer can connect to the new network, but have trouble getting an IP address.
INI:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Results in: "An error occurred while renewing interface Wi-Fi : Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.

I've attached the connection details and router settings.
Any help is HIGHLY appreciated!

Attachments

• router settings.png
    router settings.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 51
  • router settings2.png
    router settings2.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 46
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 45
Have you disabled IPv4 in the Edimax's adapter settings?

I suggest that you change Wireless Mode to Auto, 802.11ax to Disable and Protected Management Frames to Disable.

Last edited:
I connected to my phone as reference in the attached picture. As well as the IPv4 settings for both my phone and my home network

Attachments

• screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 34
And I can't change Protected Management Frames. Every time I change it from Capable to Disabled and press save, it just returns to being Capable after the admin site have reloaded. Kinda weird

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!