What's new

Skynet banned countries interfering with syslog

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
While discussing a problem with my traffic stats not surviving a reboot (now solved), it was noticed that the system log was only saving a few minutes of data. I have discovered that it is Skynet seems to be the cause, but only when countries are added to the ban list. I'm not yet sure if it is one particular country or not, so I'm trying to find out. All I know at the moment is that when I add CN RU KP & IR, the problem materialises. So I've started adding them one by one and will see what happens. Currently, I have RU (Russia) banned and I'll follow this with KP (North Korea), IR (Iran) and finally CN (China). Has anyone else had this happen when adding any countries to the ban list?

Well, it seems that my suspicion that it was CN (China) that was the one causing the problem is correct. The other three I mentioned didn't cause any problem with the system log, but when I removed those and added China, the problem came back.