What's new

Skynet installation help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fotingo

Regular Contributor
I have been searching for help on installing Skynet, but I haven't seen the issue I get.
When pressing "2", I get "No compatible ext USB partition found".

Does that mean I need to have a USB connected to the router?
I went to the Github page and couldn't find anything saying it requires a USB.

If a USB is required.. what size and what format is needed?
Can anyone point me in the directions of how to install Skynet with all the steps?

Thanks.

I have been searching for help on installing Skynet, but I haven't seen the issue I get.

Can anyone point me in the directions of how to install Skynet with all the steps?

Thanks.
This was recommended to me and has been working well. IMO it’s about as large as you would want and keep memory usage down.

Samsung 500 gb SSD
or
Post in thread 'USB recommendations for Diversion / Skynet?'
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/usb-recommendations-for-diversion-skynet.84828/post-838985

Last edited:

Thanks.

You have to make sure you have properly formatted the USB as well. The best way is to use AMTM for the initial formatting. Select ext4 for the main partition that you plan to install entware, diversion, skynet, etc on. If you plan to use alot of addons, you also want to pick a minimum of 2gb of swap during the AMTM disk format process.

Thanks guys.. will give a try. Also, does AiProtection need to be enabled in order to use Skynet or are they 2 separate firewalls?

AiProtection and Skynet are not firewalls.

AiProtection mostly does URL-blocking and Skynet is an IP- blocker.

AiProtection and Skynet are not firewalls.

AiProtection mostly does URL-blocking and Skynet is an IP- blocker.
Oh ok... I thought it was.

1702917770824.png

Firewall Enhancement... to the built-in Asuswrt firewall. The built-in firewall already blocks all unsolicited connections. If you want to block something else - then you use Skynet. If you don't know what you need Skynet for - you perhaps don't need it. If you don't know how to troubleshoot yourself a tool like an IP-blocker - better don't install it. The built-in firewall offers good enough maintenance-free protection for average users.