What's new

Skynet Skynet Installation issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I assume you mean Bridge mode, for your ISP's modem. :)

You may do a search for what files/directories to delete to get rid of those lock file issues.

To me, it means you are using a 'used' USB drive and/or a not freshly formatted JFFS partition that previously held those scripts.

Is that correct?

I assume you mean Bridge mode, for your ISP's modem.
yes:)
To me, it means you are using a 'used' USB drive and/or a not freshly formatted JFFS partition that previously held those scripts.

Is that correct?
yes, thats correct too. Have installed, and de- installed Skynet on the same partition two times before. I did not know this could be a problem. So formating the Stick and setting up Skynet from scratch might be an option?

Last edited:
To do it as 'clean' as possible.

• Safely remove the USB drive from the router via the GUI.
  • Format to NTFS file format on a PC.
  • Do not insert back into the router until the following steps are also performed.
  • Click the box to 'Format the JFFS partition on the next boot' and make sure to hit 'Apply' at the bottom of that page after clicking that box.
  • Reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes, waiting 5 to 10 minutes between reboots.
At this point, re-insert the USB drive back into the router.

Use amtm to properly format the drive, install Entware, a swap file as outlined in the guide below.

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421

Note that you do not need to 'install' amtm if using RMerlin firmware 384.15_0 or later.

Thanks L&LD! Is there any way to make a backkup copy of one of the folders from the stick, before formating? I can't acces it on my Windows PC and ftp is not supported by the router as far as I know. Can I backup via telnet?

Last question for today, I promise:)

Is it necessary to format the stick on Windows, or can I just use the Router gui, or even AMTM itself?

Reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes, waiting 5 to 10 minutes between reboots.
formatting the JFFS three times?

Last edited:
I think it won't work for me. Maybe cause I'm running PIhole as DNS Server. Looking up IP on PI it shows an IPv4 (which I can't use, cause it's not WAN IP, it is a shared IP from my ISP) and an 2a00 IPv6. Looking on the gui I only see thi IPv4 and installing skynet tells me I don't have a WAN IP.
So I guess I'll give up.

No, just rebooting three times in the next 15 minutes. Waiting 5 to 10 minutes between reboots.

I have never thought of formatting the USB drive within the router GUI. I want to make sure that nothing will interrupt the formatting process (at all).

I would start without pi, exponentially increase the complexity after you have it working as everyone else has it too. :)