What's new

Skynet Ipset and Iptables

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

atomicRPM

Occasional Visitor
Ok, I installed Skynet and I guess I'm missing something... Maybe someone can explain this to me.

I can see the lists created by Skynet by executing 'ipset -list -t'. I'll just list to a couple for example.

Name: Skynet-BlockedRanges
Type: hash:net
Revision: 6
Header: family inet hashsize 8192 maxelem 200000 comment
Size in memory: 1506668
References: 1
Number of entries: 20102

Name: Skynet-IOT
Type: hash:net
Revision: 6
Header: family inet hashsize 1024 maxelem 65536 comment
Size in memory: 352
References: 0
Number of entries: 0

Why don't I see the match-set(s) in iptables when executing 'iptables -vnL? i,e.

0 0 DROP tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 match-set list-name src

It's all fine and dandy to create lists of things but if they aren't being applied then what good are they?

Check the raw table

iptables -t raw

Thanks. I see that now after digging around. I started analyzing the script to see how things were done and I found that the author does add the lists to the raw table in the PREROUTING and OUTPUT chain.

Code:
        iptables -t raw -I PREROUTING -i "$iface" -m set ! --match-set Skynet-Whitelist src -m set --match-set Skynet-Master src -j DROP 2>/dev/null
        iptables -t raw -I PREROUTING -i br0 -m set ! --match-set Skynet-Whitelist dst -m set --match-set Skynet-Master dst -j DROP 2>/dev/null
        iptables -t raw -I OUTPUT -m set ! --match-set Skynet-Whitelist dst -m set --match-set Skynet-Master dst -j DROP 2>/dev/null

The master list is a combination of the blacklist and blocked ranges list.

Code:
ipset -q -A Skynet-Master Skynet-Blacklist; ipset -q -A Skynet-Master Skynet-BlockedRanges