What's new

Slow speed after changing router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lazar

New Around Here
Hello,
I bought a new router from Net gear, N300 (C3000). I changed the router to get faster connection. But I'm experiencing slow speed. I am unable to figure out the problem. My Internet service provider is Acanac. I don't think there is any problem with the modem as it's working fine with the old router. I would appreciate your suggestions to resolve this issue.

Your post is a little light on details. ;)

What router did you have before? What are your ISP speeds? What is slow in your view?

If the old router was working fine, consider returning the C3000.

The Netgear C3000 is a router / modem combo, and are typically harder to troubleshoot. (can be difficult to determine if it's a router or modem firmware issue). If you want to keep the C3000,see if you can put it into bridge mode, (or lease a modem from Acanac) and pick up a more reliable router, or re-use your old router.

EDIT: Is the C3000 modem sanctioned by Acanac? They show the Huawei MT130u as a supported modem.

Last edited:
Hello,
I bought a new router from Net gear, N300 (C3000). I changed the router to get faster connection. But I'm experiencing slow speed. I am unable to figure out the problem. My Internet service provider is Acanac. I don't think there is any problem with the modem as it's working fine with the old router. I would appreciate your suggestions to resolve this issue.

Ask them to refresh the profile on the device... if you did self-service for the upgrade/swap, it might not be provisioned correctly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!