What's new

Slow VPN ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VANT

Very Senior Member
Hi
Such a situation.
I ran an IPSec and Wireguard VPN server on the RT-AX86u Pro. (300/30)
I configured VPN Fusion (wireguard) on GT-AX6000 and ipsec on my laptop (1000/300)
The problem is that I only have about 30 Mbit/s over VPN for both ipsec and wireguard servers.

Why is the speed so low? Without a VPN, the speed is as ISP plan.

Last edited:
Hi
Such a situation.
I ran an IPSec and Wireguard VPN server on the RT-AX86u Pro. (300/30)
I configured VPN Fusion (wireguard) on GT-AX6000 and ipsec on my laptop (1000/300)
The problem is that I only have about 30 Mbit/s over VPN for both ipsec and wireguard servers.

Why is the speed so low? Without a VPN, the speed is as ISP plan.
Keep in mind that anything that goes through the VPN has to be uploaded through the server. 30 Mbps is your upload speed of the VPN server so that is your limiting factor. Using a VPN, you can never get faster than your servers upload speed.

Keep in mind that anything that goes through the VPN has to be uploaded through the server. 30 Mbps is your upload speed of the VPN server so that is your limiting factor. Using a VPN, you can never get faster than your servers upload speed.
Of course, how could I not think about it?

What does it mean when you're getting the same ish speeds but it's not your upload's fault? I have 940/940 from my ISP and get that over ethernet, but when my GT-AXE16000 is hosting a IPSec VPN, all devices that connect to it are limited to around 50/30 speeds.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!