What's new

Slow WAN performance 384.15

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This thing has been a solid performer, I bought it new. So we will see. Another comment that was made by my ISP, is that speedtest.net is not as accurate and we should be using fast.com. The results from that are a lot higher on my direct connect to the ONT, but still shows the 200MB difference when I go behind the AC88

Another comment that was made by my ISP, is that speedtest.net is not as accurate and we should be using fast.com.

This depends on ISP and location. For me fast.com doesn't provide reliable results and speedtest.net does.

Jim did you try AP mode on asus, (ont>isp modem/router>asus AP) there are some reoports from internet that when everything you are tying is not helping with wan to lan speeds, then last thing (asus in AP mode) can help with "wan" to lan ;)

Do you have NAT acceleration fully enabled (CTF+FA)? FA is a keyplayer, you can check at Tools-Sys info-below is Network and HW acceleration status.
And there is one thing i remember - if someones Asus was "slow" at NAT accel. then when they change router to Briged AP mode with dhcp disabled, and main ISP router handels DHCP server function, then asus was very fast on wan to lan, you can check ;)

I'm having almost exactly the same issue as @Jim Gifford , RT-AC88U with 384.16, up/down speed around 320/310 but when I directly connect, I get full speed (980/920) in my case. I only see CTF enabled, how do I get FA enabled? I've searched the forum and turned off just about everything I could find.

Thanks!

I'm having almost exactly the same issue as @Jim Gifford , RT-AC88U with 384.16, up/down speed around 320/310 but when I directly connect, I get full speed (980/920) in my case. I only see CTF enabled, how do I get FA enabled? I've searched the forum and turned off just about everything I could find.

Thanks!
You try everything what i wrote in other topic here? https://www.snbforums.com/threads/help-setting-qos-for-my-fiber-rt-ac68u.63077/#post-566894, if all of this will not help, and you are not useing PPPoE(because this disabled FA) try settingup asus in bridge AP mode, that should fix wan to lan issue

You try everything what i wrote in other topic here? https://www.snbforums.com/threads/help-setting-qos-for-my-fiber-rt-ac68u.63077/#post-566894, if all of this will not help, and you are not useing PPPoE(because this disabled FA) try settingup asus in bridge AP mode, that should fix wan to lan issue

@Woytaz Thanks for your quick reply. Just to clarify, based on your list from the other thread, this is what I've done so far. Did I miss anything?

- Adaptive QoS - Bandwidth Monitor - App analysis = OFF
- Adaptive QoS - QoS - Enable Qos = OFF
- Guest Network - None enabled
- LAN - Switch control - Jumbo frames = Disable
- LAN - Switch control - Spanning Tree Protocol = Disable
- LAN - Switch control - NAT Acceleration = Auto

In Network Map - Internet Status, Connection type is Automatic IP, is it safe to assume that it is not using PPPoE?

I'm a bit confused about the purpose of changing Administration - Operation Mode from Wireless router mode to Access Point(AP) mode. Is that a temporary move to help correct setting within the nvram? Do I set it then set it back to Wireless router?

Also, FYI I am running the following scripts under amtm. Not sure if I should disable any of these...

upload_2020-5-6_10-57-28.png

@Woytaz Thanks for your quick reply. Just to clarify, based on your list from the other thread, this is what I've done so far. Did I miss anything?

- Adaptive QoS - Bandwidth Monitor - App analysis = OFF
- Adaptive QoS - QoS - Enable Qos = OFF
- Guest Network - None enabled
- LAN - Switch control - Jumbo frames = Disable
- LAN - Switch control - Spanning Tree Protocol = Disable
- LAN - Switch control - NAT Acceleration = Auto

In Network Map - Internet Status, Connection type is Automatic IP, is it safe to assume that it is not using PPPoE?

I'm a bit confused about the purpose of changing Administration - Operation Mode from Wireless router mode to Access Point(AP) mode. Is that a temporary move to help correct setting within the nvram? Do I set it then set it back to Wireless router?

Also, FYI I am running the following scripts under amtm. Not sure if I should disable any of these...

View attachment 23288

Hi, you did all fine, automatic connection is not PPPoE so it's good, and if so far this all settings didn't get you a proper result you can try changing mode to Bridge or Bridge AP i don't remember right now, and this is not a temoprary move :/