What's new

Slow WIFI with NEW ASUS AX11000 ROG (1mbps)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Drivium

New Around Here
Hi! So, I'm having wifi issues with my new ASUS AX11000 ROG. Very frustrated. I'm not super experienced with which router settings to change when things don't work as expected. I expected for the money I spent on this thing it'd come ready to rock out of the box. Not the case so far. Some info:

1. On latest firmware as of this post and I factory reset after every install, which seems like a PITA, but I've seen it recommended on a few forums.
  2. I enable all of the recommended AIProtection settings (Malicious sites blocking, Two-IPS, Infected Device Prevention and Blocking)
  3. Game Boost disabled
  4. Smart Connect disabled
  5. QoS Disabled
  6. Everything else default
I literally get 1mbps download speed on my work laptop, which is even equipped with an ax card and even if I'm in the same room as my router - yet WIFI for our phones is very fast all over the house. One of my other PC's on wifi is quite slow also (ac card). I don't know what to do short of returning it and getting another router. I'm the IT guy in my household and everyone looks to me when things don't work right. Would really appreciate help. I'm close to returning it, but every article I read talks about how amazing this thing is, so I'm holding out hope.

Thanks in advance!

I literally get 1mbps download speed on my work laptop, which is even equipped with an ax card and even if I'm in the same room as my router - yet WIFI for our phones is very fast all over the house.
You mean wifi speeds on other clients (eg phones) are fine when connected to the Asus router, its just your laptop? If so, maybe the issue is with laptop card? I assume you've tried using manual wifi channels to see if it improves things?

You mean wifi speeds on other clients (eg phones) are fine when connected to the Asus router, its just your laptop? If so, maybe the issue is with laptop card? I assume you've tried using manual wifi channels to see if it improves things?

I have not tried manual wifi channels. What do you recommend?

Try ch 6 on 2.4ghz, ch 44 on 5ghz1 and ch 157 on 5ghz2.

I literally get 1mbps download speed on my work laptop, which is even equipped with an ax card and even if I'm in the same room as my router - yet WIFI for our phones is very fast all over the house. One of my other PC's on wifi is quite slow also (ac card). I don't know what to do short of returning it and getting another router. I'm the IT guy in my household and everyone looks to me when things don't work right. Would really appreciate help. I'm close to returning it, but every article I read talks about how amazing this thing is, so I'm holding out hope.

Thanks in advance!
As it was already mentioned in a previous post the driver for your AX card probably just needs to be updated. It's a well documented issue with current Intel based AX cards (including generic cards that may not say "Intel" but they could be using Intel based AX chips and Intel drivers). If this is the problem or if it's an issue that can be corrected by changing the Wifi settings then replacing the router or even using a different AX router won't necessarily solve your problem. Although it may not be related to the problem you are having I would also recommend temporarily disabling AiProtection (back to default settings of turned OFF) until you get this issue solved.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!