What's new

Small Farm Project - 2 Buildings and Outdoor Area

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Webb Rousse

New Around Here
Hello all. I am establishing a small farm in a rural area that requires 24/7 surveillance. I have attached a document outlining the following:

1. Satellite image of area
2. Diagram of area outlining 3 locations for coverage (Building 1, Building 2 and Outdoor fenced-in Area)
3. Diagrams of 3 locations including proposed camera locations to ensure coverage.

I will be establishing satellite internet to the location which will terminate in Building #1. Key challenges are as follows:

-Distance from North corner of Building 2 to furthest camera in Outdoor area is ~500 feet and over creek
-Regulatory requirements are 24x7 @ 1280x720 in all lighting conditions, Minimum 10 FPS, Onsite storage of video with continuous backup to offsite, 90 days onsite and 30 days offsite

With this I was wondering if a wireless camera solution would apply here based on distances and reg requirements. Can obviously cover the 2 buildings but was wondering if their is a solution to extend the wireless in Building 2 to the outdoor area (~500 feet to furthest camera.) Also trying to figure out the storage on the video. Any insight to a potential solution/architecture and equipment would be appreciated.

Thanks

-webb

Attachments

• New Doc 2018-05-16.pdf
    653.9 KB · Views: 337
I have considered but wanted to vet out the wireless route first. Open to all options that meet the specifications.

Nanobeams for the networking aspect is a great alternative to fiber.

For the camera side, check out ipcamtalk. Those guys are nuts about cameras, have their own discounted market, have experts who discover zero-day vulnerabilities, many camera professionals and the most complex small business and prosumer setups you can imagine.