What's new

Smart Connect & AiMesh?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which models support ALL AiMesh feature? The 68U should not be on the list.

OE

SmartConnect is not a feature of AiMesh tho, it's completely separate (and has existed long before AiMesh).

Different model has different capability. if you are using some model with SC supported as node, SC shall work in Node. If no, it's impossible to support SC by configuration only.

So I installed the BP2 on my 68U. Using 1 SSID. My devices with 2.4 & 5 are connecting at 5 and my devices with only 2.4 are connecting at 2.4. How come they are connecting to different frequencies if there is no SC on 68U node (Main router is 86U).?

So I installed the BP2 on my 68U. Using 1 SSID. My devices with 2.4 & 5 are connecting at 5 and my devices with only 2.4 are connecting at 2.4. How come they are connecting to different frequencies if there is no SC on 68U node (Main router is 86U).?

I don't know what is "BP2" and How it did with "BP2".

Beta Phase 2 (BP2)

Beta Phase 2 (BP2)
RT-AC68U still didn't support SC...

you can see the release note and it had been updated.
- Support smart-connect rules on nodes. (both dual-band and tri-band) (RT-AC68U series have no smart connect)

Last edited:
The RT-AC66U-B1, RT-AC68U/P/etc and RT-AC1900P if support Smart Connect because it is only an add-ons/plugin/aplication/etc (it does not depend on the hardware), but ASUS will not implement per "business".

Smart Connect would require an SDK upgrade. The Broadcom SDK used by the RT-AC68U didn't support that feature, Broadcom only added it later.