What's new

SMB connections between clients no longer work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phobios

New Around Here
I got myself an Asus RT-AX88U today and loaded the latest version of merlin on it. After connecting my clients and setting everything up I tried to get the smb shares I have between some of my clients set up, only to find that it no longer works. I have tried to disable the firewall, but to no avail. I am wondering if there is anything obvious here that I am missing. I have checked with tcpdump and there is traffic going between both the smb server and the client.

It was working before I switched, when I was using a Linksys WRT1900ACS loaded with dd-wrt.

The router doesn't interfere with LAN to LAN traffic, i.e. between your server PC and client PC. I assume you're not talking about the SMB server on the router?

Are these Windows PC's? Windows has an annoying habit of changing its network profile from private to public when it detects that it's connected to a different network (i.e. router).

I am wondering if there is anything obvious here that I am missing.
If using Windows PC's, double check the Network Profile setting and ensure it's set to Private.

networkprofile.jpg