What's new

So 3.0.0.4.384.32799 creates some issues right?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I use AiMesh. That's why I worry about it.
Running AiMesh with no issues. My AC3100's have been doing great. The kids have a Fire Stick and a XboxOne. Wife uses a VPN for work. Network has been rock steady with a squeaky clean syslog.

The 2x86U AiMesh issue I have was introduced in 32797 and is still in 32799. So far, the WiFi stability fix in 32799 seems to be an improvement... my WiFi has been solid and a 135 vs 150 Mbps link rate issue also seems to have disappeared. So, if you're running 32797, then 32799 seems better. Otherwise, stick with 21140 until they fix the AiMesh node wireless client slow speed/crap out issue.

As for trolling a diverse population of users for a consensus on firmware defects, you can't expect everyone to agree just so you can feel reassured. That's just not reasonable... it's firmware!

OE
Hi OE,

Just curious. Is the “WiFi stability fix” in 32799 for AiMesh or is it an overall fix for a WiFi issue introduced in the prior firmware?

Thanks.

Hi OE,

Just curious. Is the “WiFi stability fix” in 32799 for AiMesh or is it an overall fix for a WiFi issue introduced in the prior firmware?

Thanks.

I believe it is an overall fix for a subtle WiFi instability present since at least March 2018 when I first started trying AiMesh-supported firmware. I observed my router 2.4 GHz signal dropping like a rock to zero momentarily while close to the router i.e. not a distant signal issue... and maybe the 5.0 signal at other times. It came on infrequently, but once it started, it would repeat. And it never seemed to affect a client connection, that I could tell. Early on I would reset and reconfigure, either for it or for AiMesh, and it would go away for awhile but then return at some later time... it was subtle. I've not seen it again since installing 32799... signals have been solid like old times.

OE

I believe it is an overall fix for a subtle WiFi instability present since at least March 2018 when I first started trying AiMesh-supported firmware. I observed my router 2.4 GHz signal dropping like a rock to zero momentarily while close to the router i.e. not a distant signal issue... and maybe the 5.0 signal at other times. It came on infrequently, but once it started, it would repeat. And it never seemed to affect a client connection, that I could tell. Early on I would reset and reconfigure, either for it or for AiMesh, and it would go away for awhile but then return at some later time... it was subtle. I've not seen it again since installing 32799... signals have been solid like old times.

OE
Thanks for the feedback, OE.

I’m running Merlin now, based on 21152 and my WiFi has been solid. I was just wondering if this was introduced in the prior firmware or if it was model specific. Sounds like it’s been happening for several months now.

Glad everything is working well for you!