What's new

[SOLVED] Asus RT-AC88U Port Forwarding Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gyrene2083

New Around Here
Hello All,

I am using a Asus RT-AC88U powered by Merlin router with Firmware 384.13.
I am trying to use port forward but I don't see the apply button to get these ports open. <Please see the screen shot below>

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 18.11.33.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 18.11.33.png
    348 KB · Views: 619
It is applied instantaneously now, as I understand it. No Apply necessary.

@dave14305, thanks for the reply. Then it must be something else that is preventing me from opening these ports. I'm going to have to call ATT and see if they have those ports closed for some reason.

So just so everyone is tracking, I have ATT fiber, and I refuse to use their cable/modem, so I have my Asus hooked up to it. Now in the past with other companies, I would just go to my router port forward and bam be done with it. Well apparently with ATT you have to set up port forwarding on their modem and point it to your router's ip address that it receives from the ATT modem. I can't even make this up.

Needless to say, I was on the phone with customer support for almost three hours getting transferred, and I know they tried to really help me, and I am sure they are knowledgable in their own right, but I could barely understand them, and I am sure they barely understood me, but we got it done.