What's new

[SOLVED-FOR REAL] rc_service: skip the event: start_firewall.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SOLVED FOR REAL!

Well I found out the real problem. Had nothing to do with the USB drive and everything to do with IPV6.

Yeah. After many restarts and hair pulling. Trying different partitions, USB drive, everything... after factory defaulting the router and slowly setting everything back up I found out setting the v6 settings seem to be hanging (I THINK) samba for some reason.

As long as I do not have ANY external partitions the router boots fine with v6 set up. The USB drive can even be plugged in but as long as it has no partitions it started OK.

So yeah. SMB or something that nassapps restarts hates 6in4 IPV6 if there is a USB device plugged in with mountable partitions.

The reason I specify 6in4 is because I was on Comcast in my apartment. IPV6 was set to native cause they offer dual stack. Had a USB drive in the router then and all worked fine.

FiOS has no ipv6 (come on really? Hell they dont even have DNSSEC) so I had to use Tunnel Broker.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!