What's new

[SOLVED] Too many switches?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pabla

Regular Contributor
Hello all, just recently upgrading my home's AP to Ubiquiti APs. I originally had one Netgear 16 port switch, and added a UBNT 8 port POE switch to power the APs. I needed another to add a 3rd switch in my theatre room, and to that switch I connected one other UAP. So the setup for that AP goes like this router(ac-3100)->Netgear 8 port switch->trendnet switch in theatre room->poe injector->UAP. I know its not the most ideal setup but that's all I can do to keep all my devices connected. The issue here is that the minute I plug in the theatre room switch the router hangs. Reboots don't help, can't even log in to the router. Right when I unplug it everything goes back to normal. Could this be a faulty trendnet switch, or do I have too many switches in my network? Currently I have the the theatre room AP directly connected to the Netgear 16 port switch and I have no issue. Any help would be a appreciated!

a new switch did the trick! wasn't expecting the switch to be the issue as it was working before

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!