What's new

[SOLVED] transmission-daemon UDP Failed to set receive buffer: requested 4194304, got 1048576

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zd59

Regular Contributor
RT-AC86-U Merlin Firmware Version:384.11_2

After installing transmission transmission-daemon-openssl - 2.94-4 from Entware first time start success.
After test torrent DL failed at < 1MB downloaded large file (200MB). Found out torrent crashed.
Can not start daemon any more:
Jun 21 10:52:32 transmission-daemon[1636]: UDP Failed to set receive buffer: requested 4194304, got 1048576 (tr-udp.c:84)

Searched forum and proposed solution:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/h...-net-core-rmem_max-4194304.21550/#post-341814 blocked RT-AC86-U.:mad: Can not access it SSH from remote. Suspecting not enough RAM and boot cycle. :mad:
Will I need to do a reset to Fabric state or I can preserve anything of a settings?
What about transmission problem solution?

After a few hours long router power-off, it successfully started and i removed problematic lines in /jffs/scripts/services-start.

Now router works OK, but I do not know, how to solve transmission-daemon receive buffer failure.

Any success anyone on that router?

no one had successfully installed and start Transmission on RT-AC86U?
Can't believe it.o_O

strangely Transmission suddenly started at a router reboot and now runs for three days (idle).
Test DL success with 4MB.
With Optware installed and packages Samba & Transmission running there is only 5% free RAM (also when rebooted).

Optware? Should that be Entware today?

transmission constantly crashed after a few seconds. So I removed it and tested QBittorrent - the same situation.

Searched for a solution I accidentally found a solution:
https://hqt.ro/transmission-on-asuswrt-routers-through-entware/
The key word is SWAP. After creating and using a swap file, both RAM hungry apps run excellent. I'll stay with QBittorrent.
After that I recall my Netgear R7500 Entware install. The first after Entware install was creation of a swap file.

Looking for a numerous scattered infos on a Asus router I found "no swap created", and after creation and use there were non zero value at once.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!