What's new

some iot devices can't connect to internet after a NAS give a static ip

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

saccleo

Regular Contributor
I have a model rt-ax86u pro with merlin aswrt.
After a static ip was given to a Nas, some iot devices can't not connect to the internet.
All devices are in the same lan, none guess wifi used.
After the static ip was canceled, all works fine.

what's wrong?

Was the static IP within the router's IP address space?

Was the IP given already in use?

Did you reboot all devices concerned (router and NAS)?

After a static ip was given to a Nas, some iot devices can't not connect to the internet.
Was the static IP address different than the IP address the router was using/receiving prior to setting the static IP?
Are you assigning a manual IP address to the NAS using the router's GUI > LAN > DHCP Server page? Or are you setting a static IP address within the NAS's administration interface?
Depending on the NAS capabilities one may have to check the NAS firewall and adjust the settings if the IP address the router uses has changed.

i assigned a manual IP address to the NAS using the router's GUI > LAN > DHCP Server page.
The NAS works fine, other devices such as mobilephone, pad all works fine, except some iot devices.
i can see the iot devices connected to the router, but they can not be accessed from the internet by using the device's app.

Is your NAS also broadcasting as its own dhcp server within the same subnet/ip range or causing some type of loop? Have you tried turning on spanning tree protocol within the router?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!