What's new

Something is wrong, but what...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RdeN

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

The Log is overflowing with messages as below. How can I rootcause this issue? There is clearly some client which playing games with me.

I have RT-N66U behind the modem of my ISP. The modem serves as a DHCP server (192.168.1.xxx subnet) with a fixed IP for the RT-N66U. The RT-N66U also serves as DHCP but for 192.168.2.xxx subnet.

Thanks for any advice.

Ramon

Dec 10 19:35:12 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:35:17 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:35:22 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:35:27 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:35:32 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:35:38 dhcp6c[669]: client6_send: transmit failed: Cannot assign requested address
Dec 10 19:35:38 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:35:43 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:35:48 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:35:53 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:35:58 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:36:03 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:36:13 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:36:18 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:36:23 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:36:28 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:36:33 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:36:38 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:36:44 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:36:49 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:36:54 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:36:59 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:37:04 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 10 19:37:10 kernel: vlan1: received packet with own address as source address

It's possible you have a switching loop, or one of the devices on your LAN has the same MAC address as your router.

Cable tracing will identify the former, and the latter can be identified by noting the MAC address for each device (for Windows, Start>Run>cmd, ipconfig /all and noting the "Physical Address" field).

It's a Firmware Problem and probably related with Conflict on MAC Addresses.
Just take a look HERE...
This was the reason that i moved to Tomato FW (Shibby Version) and now all working as they sud.

Conflict on MAC's creating loop on the packets and i don't know if ASUS or Melrin can Fix it.

I will Not Return on ASUS or Merlin's Versions until this mess fixed.

Lost_animal,

Which Tomato version do you use. I see and tried a couple, but it says incorrect FW.

Thanks,

Ramon

Hopefully solved.

I had Dual WAN switched on (fail-over mode). Two cables from the modem to the RT-N66U (dual wan cable in LAN4). However Dual WAN was no longer enabled, I am not sure how it got disabled. Maybe it get's disabled after upgrading to a new FW. I upgraded a couple of days ago to 260.21, so this might well be the case.

Lost_animal,

Which Tomato version do you use. I see and tried a couple, but it says incorrect FW.

Thanks,

Ramon

I am using tomato-K26USB-1.28.RT-N5x-MIPSR2-104-AIO-64K.trx

Hopefully solved.

I had Dual WAN switched on (fail-over mode). Two cables from the modem to the RT-N66U (dual wan cable in LAN4). However Dual WAN was no longer enabled, I am not sure how it got disabled. Maybe it get's disabled after upgrading to a new FW. I upgraded a couple of days ago to 260.21, so this might well be the case.

This is not the case...

MAC's are still messed-up and make the WAN - DNS - DHCP unstable.

Give a try on tomato.
Do the flash using the MiniWeb procedure....

• Give to your PC a Static IP.

• Power off the modem
  • Hold the reset button and power on the modem
  • Keep the reset button pressed until power led starts blink slowly.
  • Goto 192.168.1.1
  • Do NvRAM default values and hit continue to return to previus page
  • Select the image you want to Flash and continue
  • Wait the router to REBOOT (5-10 minutes) and try to acess the 192.168.1.1 again
  • Now on tomato FW go to Asministration - Configuration Page and on Restore Default Configuration select Earse all data in NVRAM Memory (thorough) and press ok

Wait the router to regoot and you are Ready....

Turn off dual WAN and use one cable-unless you really have a reason to use dual WAN.

I will give it a try.

After that you can install optware from HERE....

optw_prep_OZ6.png

or even more you can use my MEGA Optware Package from HERE...

Good Luck...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!