What's new

Something like Dropbox for a NAS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tbutler@ofb.biz

Regular Contributor
Hi everyone,
I've been playing with Dropbox and am seriously intrigued with how it does a very nice job of automatically synchronizing files between its cloud server and different computers. Does anyone know if there is an application that I could use to arrange something similar between my computers (Mac and Linux) and a NAS?

Thanks,
Tim

EDIT: I just saw this thread. I am looking for something sort of like that, but with the ease of it all happening automatically when the program notices there has been a chance (and not at scheduled times of the day). The other, bigger complication is that it needs to work on Mac. Thanks!

Last edited:
I've been hoping to find something as simple as dropbox myself.

Best I can do is setting sync to occur every hour. still haven't found a good way to make that happen both ways though :\