What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Would any of the other scripts be interfering? Like Stubby or Skynet? Maybe an AiProtection interaction as it is enabled too (sorry, just guessing)?
Would typically be something messing with the certificate chain. In any case, I've removed the --secure flag for now, running u should detect the md5 hash change and update

After update, try option 1 again

Would typically be something messing with the certificate chain. In any case, I've removed the --secure flag for now, running u should detect the md5 hash change and update

After update, try option 1 again

No luck. Same error. :(

It did detect a new version, btw. No change in version number.

Code:
Choose an option:    1

spdMerlin: Starting speedtest now...

Cannot retrieve speedtest configuration
ERROR: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:726)>
spdMerlin: Finished speedtest

Press enter to continue...

No luck. Same error. :(

It did detect a new version, btw. No change in version number.

Code:
Choose an option:    1

spdMerlin: Starting speedtest now...

Cannot retrieve speedtest configuration
ERROR: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:726)>
spdMerlin: Finished speedtest

Press enter to continue...
Ah....try this
Code:
opkg install ca-certificates

Ah....try this
Code:
opkg install ca-certificates

That command worked with no errors. I entered spdmerlin's menu and hit '1'. That also finished without errors.

However, there are just blank graphs showing. Everything is zero. :confused:

Expected - give it an hour or so, the rrd needs to gather data (once every half hour). No errors is progress though :D

You will get graphs that look like this: https://puu.sh/D9GTd/503c324a7b.png

That looks great! Thank you for troubleshooting this with me so quickly!

I will check this in an hour or so. :)

Thank you for helping me fix it. I've already fed the relevant changes/workarounds into the installer
FYI, just tried installing myself. Ran into same issue as @L&LD with the opkg error.....got around that doing the update then tried again. FInally up and working....did not get the certificate issue though. Thanks!

FYI, just tried installing myself. Ran into same issue as @L&LD with the opkg error.....got around that doing the update then tried again. FInally up and working....did not get the certificate issue though. Thanks!

Now, we're both waiting for the graphs to populate! :D

Just started seeing the first graphs on the router but the numbers look very low for upload and download speeds.

I guess the CPU's that the RT-AC68U has is not capable of maxing out a 100/100Mbps connection at the location I'm at?

Curious which speedtest site this is using? Is it configurable?

The script doesn't seem like a good candidate to use on 1Gbps up/down connections, or am I mistaken?

Just started seeing the first graphs on the router but the numbers look very low for upload and download speeds.

I guess the CPU's that the RT-AC68U has is not capable of maxing out a 100/100Mbps connection at the location I'm at?

Curious which speedtest site this is using? Is it configurable?

The script doesn't seem like a good candidate to use on 1Gbps up/down connections, or am I mistaken?
Uses speedtest.net and should auto-locate. The speedtest-cli utility does allow for configuration of which server(s) to use, I haven't built that in yet.

No reason why it wouldn't work for a gigabit pipe. speedtest-cli maxes out my 70/10 connection

Thank you.

Installed fine on 88U 380.70.

Waiting for graphs to populate.

Etienne

Edit: 88U.

Uses speedtest.net and should auto-locate. The speedtest-cli utility does allow for configuration of which server(s) to use, I haven't built that in yet.

No reason why it wouldn't work for a gigabit pipe. speedtest-cli maxes out my 70/10 connection

Thank you. speedtest-cli states that it is RAM and CPU dependant, and can also show different results depending on a number of factors too.

I'll test it later today or tomorrow when I can and let you know. :)

Thank you. speedtest-cli states that it is RAM and CPU dependant, and can also show different results depending on a number of factors too.

I'll test it later today or tomorrow when I can and let you know. :)
I've currently enabled the --no-pre-allocate option which can cause upload to be slower, but it should minimise the risk of starving your router of RAM :)

...and the script installed just fine on the AX88U. I guess, I will be waiting for graphs to generate and will report any issues I come across. Thank you @Jack Yaz!

...and the script installed just fine on the AX88U. I guess, I will be waiting for graphs to generate and will report any issues I come across. Thank you @Jack Yaz!

Could you also report your (paid for) ISP speeds too when they update? Thank you.

Just wanting to see if the router is capable of testing/reporting the higher end Gbps connections. :)