What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Two suggestions:
1.: Would you please implent an option to use 24h time format in GUI (instead of am/pm)
2.: Switch off GUI completely.
Thanks!

+1 for 24h time, I hate, loathe and detest am/pm!

On a wider related point, I always use date/times as YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss

This way it is easily sortable and you can’t confuse US vs UK MM-DD vs DD-MM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Jack Yaz
I'm stuck due to the fact that my client is showing higher speeds OOKLA and spdMerlin showing less, how is it possible? Tested and tried again and again with similar disparity, I'm not using any QOS, using nativeinative with fall back for ipv4 support

Any help?
o_O

Not necessarily an answer but I have seen the speedtest results bounce all over the place for no apparent reason depending on what client is used. I'm not sure what router you are using but the 86U is plenty capable of hitting 900+ Mbps using spdMerlin. Take a look at this post if haven't already. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...edtests-with-graphs.55904/page-29#post-553438

I don't know about you guys, but my time format is 24h right now!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-001614380.png
    Screenshot_20200423-001614380.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 122
Here is one vote for keeping the am/pm display like it is now, or at least providing the option to display as you want.

upload_2020-4-23_5-49-32.png

It may be coincidence or irrelevant, but after the last reboot my router showed my usb as unmounted and I had to get back in the saddle. That's the only time that I noticed it.
I'm a little hesitatant to reboot excessively due to the RT-AC86U's tendency to shut off.
FWIW, jts

RT-AC86U w/ 384.16, RT-AC68U Aimesh node w/ same, Diversion, UiDivstats, Skynet, AiProtection, Scribe, UiScribe, Conmon, SpdMerlin, ScMerlin, Nsrum, NtpMerlin, OpenVPN selective clients

@TonyK132, Tony, Tony! What are you doing to @Jack Yaz! :D:D:D
Nothing bad I hope. Jack does an outstanding job at providing useful additions to the Merlin firmware. I'm just giving one user's opinion (ie, mine) about considerations for changes that he is discussing.

@TonyK132 sorry, I was just pulling your leg. :) It's all good. :)

i think I remember reading about this, but my searches are not helping.
is it ok to use spdMerlin with a 600Mbps connection? i think i remember reading about issues with speeds over 200mbps?
thanks

i think I remember reading about this, but my searches are not helping.
is it ok to use spdMerlin with a 600Mbps connection? i think i remember reading about issues with speeds over 200mbps?
thanks

The issues were resolved when Jack switched the script to use the Ookla based test. I see spdmerlin results in the 900+ Mbps range with my 86U.

The issues were resolved when Jack switched the script to use the Ookla based test. I see spdmerlin results in the 900+ Mbps range with my 86U.
thanks!

v3.5.0 is now available!
Changelog:
Code:
NEW: Option to store stats and config on USB
NEW: Check and perform script updates in the WebUI (big thanks to @dave14305 for the idea and code basis to work from

Quite a few changes to implement these features, please report any bugs/issues (hopefully none!)

oh this is hilarious - I literally just checked through amtm after updating Merlin to 384.17 and there was nothing.

EDIT - if I might make a suggestion, it would be good if we were given an option to backup our data before switching locations for where we want it stored. Mine seems to have gone kablooie and disappeared into the aether.

Last edited:
oh this is hilarious - I literally just checked through amtm after updating Merlin to 384.17 and there was nothing.

EDIT - if I might make a suggestion, it would be good if we were given an option to backup our data before switching locations for where we want it stored. Mine seems to have gone kablooie and disappeared into the aether.
Shouldn't have disappeared...it'll either be in /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d or /opt/share/spdmerlin.d

Shouldn't have disappeared...it'll either be in /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d or /opt/share/spdmerlin.d

You’re right; I was moving around too fast for the page/data/charts to load.
Apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk