What's new

Spectrum customers: How to double your router download speed...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Spectrum has increased their download speed from 100 to 200 Mbps. If your modem is up to it (my SB6141 is), reboot your modem to double your Asus router download speed.

My apology if this is old news and has nothing to do with Asus routers.

Merry Christmas!

OE

Would have been a nice Christmas present, but alas not true on central coastal California with my Arris TM1602.

Would have been a nice Christmas present, but alas not true on central coastal California with my Arris TM1602.

Sorry about that. It appears to be a spotty proposition. A clue will be a small increase on your billing statement. Mine just arrived so I rebooted and got the speed increase. This is the second time Spectrum has increased my bill but never bothered to say why.

OE

I get online billing, did to see it on the mid Dec. statement. This is a small rural market, 40,000 in the county, so things come slow. Nov. 2019 added $5.00 to the monthly bill but no service improvements.

Just got an email of new statement due mid Jan. 2021 added $5.00 again, but no service improvement, still at 100/10. :rolleyes: