What's new

Speed test doesn't go through vpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Darl

Occasional Visitor
Using vpn fusion. Getting notice, not available in your area. Used to work before updating to fusion. Ip shows VPN. Speed test shows Mexican server. Should be px arizona.

Using vpn fusion. Getting notice, not available in your area. Used to work before updating to fusion. Ip shows VPN. Speed test shows Mexican server. Should be px arizona.

What makes you think it isn't going through VPN, are you in Mexico? The VPN provider may be using an IP that is incorrectly defined in the Geo IP database which is not uncommon.

Kind of the whole point of a VPN is that the rest of the net doesn't know where you are. So "not available in your area" doesn't seem astonishing. Perhaps figure out where your VPN's exit point is, and try a speedtest server near there?

What makes you think it isn't going through VPN, are you in Mexico? The VPN provider may be using an IP that is incorrectly defined in the Geo IP database which is not uncommon.
Well I have 2 asus routers using the same 5 van's. The rt-ac68u always goes through the router vpn. The rt-ax86u doesn't. Yes, in Mexico. Before router rt-86u was updated to fusion, it worked properly. Maybe I have to set the Lan to an different ip. I left default settings. It worked straight out of the box.

There’s more than one way for a Speedtest to determine your real location. HTML5 geolocation etc

I have 2 asus routers . Both with the same nordvpn client's. Ie Los Angeles. Identical. One shows the speed test being in Los Angeles . The one with VPN fusion doesn't. Something is afoot. And the 86u use to work properly before fusion. I would greatly suspect I don't have a setting set correctly. I also set all items though VPN. So, I am at a loss.

I have 2 asus routers . Both with the same nordvpn client's. Ie Los Angeles. Identical. One shows the speed test being in Los Angeles . The one with VPN fusion doesn't. Something is afoot. And the 86u use to work properly before fusion. I would greatly suspect I don't have a setting set correctly. I also set all items though VPN. So, I am at a loss.
Are you using stock firmware or Merlin?

I know on Merlin, for example, the option to toggle between interfaces for the firmware’s native speed test was removed because it no longer worked correctly—presumably because of a change made within the speed test software itself …

Are you using stock firmware or Merlin?

I know on Merlin, for example, the option to toggle between interfaces for the firmware’s native speed test was removed because it no longer worked correctly—presumably because of a change made within the speed test software itself …
Everything is stock. Most settings are out of the box. And it only happens on fusion. Before fusion the 5 Nordvpn switchable config files were working fine.