What's new

Split tunneling based on Application Can it be done?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TechTinkerer

384.16 Alpha 2 rt-ac86u

Hi,
I'm wondering if Split tunneling based on Application can be added as part of vpn\wan policy routing, so a user can define a list of apps that go over vpn or wan could this be doable?
Thanks

384.16 Alpha 2 rt-ac86u

Hi,
I'm wondering if Split tunneling based on Application can be added as part of vpn\wan policy routing, so a user can define a list of apps that go over vpn or wan could this be doable?
Thanks
see this

384.16 Alpha 2 rt-ac86u

Hi,
Thanks
works on proton vpn they let you add or delete apps that use the tunnel or not

Is that option only available if you are running there app on a PC? Astrill also has that option when using their app but I think what the OP was asking is it possible to do using a VPN client running on their router.

Windscribe does the same, but as im trying to get it to work through android tv (shield tv) windscribe apps lacking to be able to choose the apps or search to add more!

so, was hoping a routing profile per app marked traffic was available that specifies wan or vpn usage through router itself

Last edited:
Is that option only available if you are running there app on a PC? Astrill also has that option when using their app but I think what the OP was asking is it possible to do using a VPN client running on their router.
Yes, i was hoping to do from the router

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!