What's new

Sporadic Wireless Connections?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You guys getting wireless drops only, no one has enabled "roaming assistant", correct? Obvious but figured i'd mention it.

Hi, I am having exactly the same issues as above with ac87u, sporadic dropping of wireless connections and wired. Everything just seems to disappear for a while. Not sure if the router is rebooting of just the connection cycling. Will investigate further but has anyone found a silver bullet?

Hi, I am having exactly the same issues as above with ac87u, sporadic dropping of wireless connections and wired. Everything just seems to disappear for a while. Not sure if the router is rebooting of just the connection cycling. Will investigate further but has anyone found a silver bullet?
Well, I started this thread because of "dropping" problems through a few AC66U firmware upgrades and could not find a solution until I completely removed cover from router. Since then I've been running without a single issue. (Knock on wood...)

Seems completely unnecessary to have to remove the entire cover for the router to work properly. They should just make them correctly in the first place! I've plugged the router directly into the mains as opposed to an extension lead so will see if power supply was the issue to begin with and then contemplate more drastic cooling methods.....

I agree but all I can say is that removing the cover "appears" to have solved my problems. Might not help in your case but perhaps worth a try...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!