What's new

Still getting this on my log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BreakingDad

Very Senior Member
Hi,

I am still getting a lot of these on my log.

Dec 28 16:43:51 kernel: CONSOLE: 196296.509 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: r4:x0:x1:x6:x6:ec: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1

(Note I changed the mac address to a random one, but they are all from google speakers.

I was told that these messages would cease with the new firmware, however they have not.

I have pinned it down to my Google speakers and devices.

These are the only devices that do it.

I think the messages are DNS related but would like someone to confirm, or help.

I tried changing all the DNS servers for these devices to the google ones (which I think are hardcoded into the devices anyway) It made no difference.

I also tried bypassing adguard for these devices via various means, and that also made no difference.

While it does not affect anything on my network, everything works fine. I find the messages on the log annoying.

Any ideas?

Matt

Last edited:
Hi,

I am still getting a lot of these on my log.

Dec 28 16:43:51 kernel: CONSOLE: 196296.509 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: r4:d0:41:66:66:ec: Failed. (mac address changed to random one)

I was told that these messages would cease with the new firmware, however they have not.

I have pinned it down to my Google speakers and devices.

These are the only devices that do it.

I think the messages are DNS related but would like someone to confirm, or help.

I tried changing all the DNS servers for these devices to the google ones (which I think are hardcoded into the devices anyway) It made no difference.

I also tried bypassing adguard for these devices via various means, and that also made no difference.

While it does not affect anything on my network, everything works fine. I find the messages on the log annoying.

Any ideas?

Matt
I don't have any google "speakers", but am sure that the android phones have Private MAC address....sounds like it's on. Private MAC address works by changing your MAC address so you can't be tracked. Turn it off for your home network (not globally). See if that fixes it

I don't have any google "speakers", but am sure that the android phones have Private MAC address....sounds like it's on. Private MAC address works by changing your MAC address so you can't be tracked. Turn it off for your home network (not globally). See if that fixes it
You know I added the line (mac address changed to random one) as I changed it for security, it's not part of the log. I don't believe mac addresses are the problem.

The full message is like this

Dec 28 16:43:51 kernel: CONSOLE: 196296.509 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: r4:d0:41:66:66:ec: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1

(Note I changed the mac address to a random one) All the mac addresses are from my 6 google speakers however and chromecast.

I am convinced it is something to do with google forcing use of its own dns, but would like clarity.

Thanks for your input anyway, I am tearing my hair out trying to find a solution. Not that it's important, but non the less annoying.

Last edited:
You know I added the line (mac address changed to random one) as I changed it for security, it's not part of the log. I don't believe mac addresses are the problem.

The full message is like this

Dec 28 16:43:51 kernel: CONSOLE: 196296.509 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: r4:d0:41:66:66:ec: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1

(Note I changed the mac address to a random one) All the mac addresses are from my 6 google speakers however and chromecast.

I am convinced it is something to do with google forcing use of its own dns, but would like clarity.

Thanks for your input anyway, I am tearing my hair out trying to find a solution. Not that it's important, but non the less annoying.
Are you using these devices on a Guest Network. I've read that chromecast in particular doesn't play well on Any guest network. Could be the case with the other devices too

Are you using these devices on a Guest Network. I've read that chromecast in particular doesn't play well on Any guest network. Could be the case with the other devices too
No they are all on the main network, and all work fine. Just this log message I get.

I believe Status code 37 means the request has been denied and the reason code 1 means unspecified. I assume these are Wifi 802.11 connection codes but unspecified does not help much. Maybe I am wrong

@RMerlin any advice?

Last edited:
No they are all on the main network, and all work fine. Just this log message I get.

I believe Status code 37 means the request has been denied and the reason code 1 means unspecified. I assume these are Wifi 802.11 connection codes but unspecified does not help much. Maybe I am wrong

@RMerlin any advice?
Okay, start at post 1282 (page 65 of 121). @bits talked about the same issue you are having. I didn't read through the other 60+ pages to see if it was resolved. Happy reading LOL
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...unctions-aimesh-2-0.65235/page-65#post-628233

I believe my Chromecast uses Google DNS despite my router DNS setting. FWIW, I'm not seeing your log entries here.

OE

No it's weird, tried loads of things tonight to no avail. Turning beamforming on and off, turning mimo on and off, different dns arrangements, different servers.

Nothing seems to make any difference, I guess I will have to live with it until someone has the definitive answer.

No it's weird, tried loads of things tonight to no avail. Turning beamforming on and off, turning mimo on and off, different dns arrangements, different servers.

Nothing seems to make any difference, I guess I will have to live with it until someone has the definitive answer.
I just notice the items in your signature line:
TP Link AV2000 Powerlines x 4, TP Link TL-WAP8630P Range Extender

Are any of the problem devices connected to these?

I'm having the same "issue" with my Samsung Galaxy A50 mobilephone. Exact same messages...

I just notice the items in your signature line:
TP Link AV2000 Powerlines x 4, TP Link TL-WAP8630P Range Extender

Are any of the problem devices connected to these?
Happens on all of them, regardless of going through the extender or direct, both on 5ghz which is off on the extender and 2.4ghz

I'm out of ideas. Thought it may be related to connecting through the Extenders & Powerlines.
Don't think its that as it happens when they are connected direct to main network, which most of them go to.

Having now read about 1000 websites on this, and translated some from japanese. I believe this is something to do with the client not supporting AMPDU. It can be left as is, but will play around with settings over the weekend.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!