What's new

Still XT9 disconnection from AiMesh with fw 3.0.0.4.388.22525 (now 23285)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wonderiuy

Occasional Visitor
I've recently tested the new firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22525 on XT9 node but disconnections from ethernet backhaul still occurs frequently.
Their statement "3.Improved AiMesh backhaul stability." is still a bad joke for us
Reverted back to 3.0.0.4.388.21069
What about your experience?

I've recently tested the new firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22525 on XT9 node but disconnections from ethernet backhaul still occurs frequently.
Their statement "3.Improved AiMesh backhaul stability." is still a bad joke for us
Reverted back to 3.0.0.4.388.21069
What about your experience?

Same here, did a dirty update on my just reinstalled XT9 pair. First days worked great, but this morning remote node on wireless backhaul wasn't working. It responds to pings and looks like it's connected to AIMesh on the main node, but wireless clients don't work.

I shouldn't have sold my old pair of AC86 :-(

In my setup, 23013 version has the same problems with wireless backhaul, it could even fail sooner than previous version. Wireless clients connected to remote node have no data, but signal is strong and they are connected. Remote XT9 is connected to AIMesh and you can manage it with wired connection or wireless connection to the main node.

I contacted ASUS and sent lots of data, logs and tests. They sent me a beta version that had the same issues. Later they released 23013 version.

I ended moving everything and using a wired backhaul, no issues in a week.

I've tested also 388.23285 and the problem is still there. Probably the combo GT-AX6000 with XT9 is not working by design (both with 388.23285)

I've tested also 388.23285 and the problem is still there. Probably the combo GT-AX6000 with XT9 is not working by design (both with 388.23285)

I have a pair of xt8s and wireless backhaul has always had issues on the 40ish firmwares over the years. I was considering XT9 in hopes that HW and firmware combos improved, but this thread makes me think all the problems still exist. True?

Could be, it depends on the firmware you want to use. With 388.21069 on XT9 there are no issue, speed is full, wifi too. Just is awful using 6 version ago with a lot of fix missing

Could be, it depends on the firmware you want to use. With 388.21069 on XT9 there are no issue, speed is full, wifi too. Just is awful using 6 version ago with a lot of fix missing
Well, my XT8s are probably about 60 versions back due to stability, so I hear ya

Hi, could be but here the problem is with wired backhaul whil eyou are using a wireless one. And in this case the node completely disconnects from the main router

Hi, could be but here the problem is with wired backhaul whil eyou are using a wireless one. And in this case the node completely disconnects from the main router
damn, ok, thanks.
I might still try the downgrade, just to see. I assume it's node first, then main unit?

nodes first, then main router. Same procedure also if you decide to upgrade