What's new

strange errors messages... (might be hacked)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Leo Martin Lim

Occasional Visitor
hi merlin team&friends,

i have suspicion that below chained error messages may be related to intrusion to my router...
this happened after i reset/reflash my router.
seem to me it occured after i logged out from web admin at those times... my pc/mac is compromised already(hard to clean)
i got no clue... please help...

there is another similar chained errors occured at 23:00s time. (also at about time i logged out).

this morning i tried login and logout several times, there were no such errors again....

btw this is rt-ax56u with merlin rom ver 388.2_beta1. i believed it happened on older version as well...

thanks,
---Martin

Attachments

• error messages.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 91
You haven't been hacked. Stop thinking your router has been hacked every time you see something you don't understand.

The error messages are from a process crash. It appears to be a QoS process that crashed. Occasional crashes like this are not unusual for Asus routers, especially when you're running a beta-testing firmware.

Last edited:
Hi ColinTaylor,

Thank you for replying...
understood you're saying. but the fact that crashes only occur sometime after reflashing and (login & logout of admin page), has made me suspicious.

example of what they did recently:

- my laptop receive connection will throttle to 17mbps for unknown randomly. not hardware problem. restarting the device driver usually solved it, sometimes only deleting and reinstalling driver would work. on one occasion i had to reinstall windows, because it was permanent.

- my mom's mobile receive conn also throttle to 10mbps permanently. i saw once they let it free for a couple of days and put it back on.

- my usb 3 hub was broken suddenly(used to work perfectly), only in my particular laptop(only works in usb 2.0 mode, 3.0 was broken), but this hub work perfectly(usb 2 and 3 mode works) on other windows laptop and mac.

- etc etc... alot of small things like this...

ColinTaylor, i did and still get hacked, intimidated, extorted. and poisoned. all because i made 2/3 comments on seperate channel on youtube back in 2018. these people overreacted excessively. but that's all i can tell for now.

I'm not an expert on this, but from my own experience, it's possible that what you're seeing could be a symptom of a mental health issue.

I went through the exact same thing myself and it turned out to be a delusion. It might be helpful to talk to someone about this, just to rule out any underlying problems. Have you considered talking to a doctor or mental health professional about what you're experiencing?

This all seems... familiar...

An ongoing "hack" on your router/network lasting over two years, unresolved? Supposedly due to some rando replies you made to a YouTube video in 2018? Perhaps its time move on to some other manufacturer's router and see if a different manufacturer's router can resolve, or block, your claimed multi year "hack"/intrusion if there actually really is such an intrusion. Better yet, perhaps seek some local professional help to see if they can diagnose the issues and provide remedies. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
@bennor no matter i changed my phones+number/laptop to new one.... they will be eventually get recon-ed by them and hacked brutally.
i got some screen shots and videos of realtime hacks(anomalies) is going on...

anyways...
for now, i will try find some possible ways, at least temporarily, to fix them...

is there any command line in windows to modify/reset/set of the receive/send link speed of my wifi connection?
currently i am using :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
netsh interface set interface name="Wi-Fi" admin=disabled
timeout -t 10
netsh interface set interface name="Wi-Fi" admin=enabled
timeout -t 10

OR

@rem restart-netadapter -name wi-fi
@rem timeout -t 10

netsh wlan show interfaces
pause
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would be excellent if T/R link speed can be modified/set without restarting/re-enabling wifi device.

thanks guys...

seem to me it occured after i logged out from web admin at those times... my pc/mac is compromised already(hard to clean)

Go buy a Chromebook and a Google Nest Router.

They are fairly unhackable...

1) Chromebooks are what hackers take to their conferences - mainly because of the inherent security of them

2) Google Nest Routers are essentially chromebooks in a box - they are also very capable routers that are very easy to set up - an addiional plus on them is there is no WebUI or Telnet/SSH servers inside the box, it's administered via an Application on the Chromebook

Just saying - if someone is bound determined to hack you - an Asus Router and Mac/PC is a very nice surface to peel back and hack away.

I'm not an expert on this, but from my own experience, it's possible that what you're seeing could be a symptom of a mental health issue.

I went through the exact same thing myself and it turned out to be a delusion. It might be helpful to talk to someone about this, just to rule out any underlying problems. Have you considered talking to a doctor or mental health professional about what you're experiencing?

thanks for having the courage to say something and to share your experience.

Hope this helps OP down the path of healing.

all the best!

Go buy a Chromebook and a Google Nest Router.

They are fairly unhackable...

1) Chromebooks are what hackers take to their conferences - mainly because of the inherent security of them

2) Google Nest Routers are essentially chromebooks in a box - they are also very capable routers that are very easy to set up - an addiional plus on them is there is no WebUI or Telnet/SSH servers inside the box, it's administered via an Application on the Chromebook

Just saying - if someone is bound determined to hack you - an Asus Router and Mac/PC is a very nice surface to peel back and hack away.

Thanks sfx2000,

i will look into that...