What's new

Hello guys! um ive been hacked 2 times while using 2 diffent asus routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sounds like you browsed something dodgy on the pc and it became infected and now the router is detecting it as infected under ai protection.

Can I offer my opinion as an IT professional?

This means the pc, your browsing habits and to be honest the very poor AV product installed are the likely problem.

Rootkit viruses tend to install themselves into a hidden boot partition on the hard drive. You'll need to manually remove all partitions before reinstalling windows from scratch.

Then get a good quality antivirus product installed if you're browsing suspect content. Mcafee is pretty poor to be perfectly honest. I'd get Sophos, Norton or Bitdefender installed. Most of these AV products also have a root kit removal tool if required as well.

Better still set up a hyper-V vm in Windows once you have the pc back up and running. Make sure the AV is installed on it, set it with a static IP and make sure your router sends all it's traffic over a reputable vpn service. Take a snapshot of the vm whilst it is clean. Then do all your dodgy browsing, torrenting etc through the vm. If it gets infected revert to the snapshot which will instantly clean it up again. This way there is no risk to your physical pc.

Omg thank you for your info! i already chucked the all the infected harddrives away, the pc im on right now. is clean.

im using private internet acesss atm with Kaspersky full suite but will look into the ones you suggested and i thank you so much for the much needed info! and the ddos land attack and port scanning wasnt coming from the AI protection it came from the main asus logs.

well i thank everybody for taking there time out to help me. bleepingcomputers takes days to reply you guys are instant, um ill just get a it expert to set my home network . again i thank everybody for there time and fast replies

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!