What's new

Strange lan ip all of a sudden

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LoPro

Occasional Visitor
I’m on latest RC3-2 firmware as it has been very stable with new functionality I’m also pleased with. It has been very good as long as I set it to auto-restart every night

Anyway, all of a sudden lately some devices can not connect to the internet and on further inspection has got an “10.xx…” lan ip instead of the usual “192.xxx…” series. Turning on and off WiFi a couple of times on the devices usually gets it back.

I just can’t find anywhere where this series is shared out all of a sudden. I have never used it anywhere. Any idea?

A DHCP device on the switch. Perhaps got updated and got set back to defaults.. just a guess hope it helps.

Added a VPN configuration lately?

No, I had one vpn config going for certain devices late last year, but disabled it, and besides I don’t remember it being on it’s own (v)lan.

Another rogue dhcp in a container on one of the rpis could perhaps have done it, but I haven’t located any.

EDIT: I did turn dchp to continuous from aggressive. Maybe I just hadn’t noticed another dhcp earlier because of that. But where..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!