What's new

Strange wireless performance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Trekster

New Around Here
Hi guys,

I'm having some strange wireless issues. My WAN is 80/40mbit, doing testing through cable i'm able to get rougly 90mbit down and 43mbit upload.

Doing the same test on my laptop, through both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz i'm only able to get rouglhy 30mbit down and 40mbit upload. Now doing another test, downloading a huge file from my local server i'm able to pull off about 260mbit on the 5Ghz..so i'm at a loss why i'm only able to get 30mbit using my wan and wifi??

The testing is performed on an Lenovo W530 with an 6300AGN card, using the latest intel drivers and an AC66U using Merlin's 374.39.

Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

This can be replicated using our iPhone's, iPads and my Google Nexus 5...download is basicly crap but upload is as expected @40mbit.

Last edited:
Just one question, when you upgrade your firmware, do you do a factory reset to defaults after the flash (or clear the router's nvram), and then manually re-enter your settings? Not doing this can lead to anomalous results like you're seeing. Not necessarily the reason for it, but could be.

I did a reset last time when the SDK switched, since then i've just upgraded. When i reset it, i didn't import any backups but did it manually.

I might give it a go again and see if that resolves the issues i'm having.

Make sure QoS or Download Master are disabled, and try disabling HW acceleration.