What's new

Streaming issues only during specific time period

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rocknine

New Around Here
I'm having some really weird issues while streaming international content I own AC68U using Merlin on 384.18 , the issue with streaming content internationally the content which i use

1. Using AU and NZ based sporting live tv on Kodi.
2. IPTV for other channels

I use smart dns service to unblock international content.

The problem happens during 12 PM IST and last upto 5 hours and gets auto resolved on its own , no changes nothing. During this window the video starts jittering and to the point where it completely stops playing.

I tried following to debug further.

1. Tried with VPN same issue.
2. Changed DNS to Google , CF no change.
3. Installed Flex QOS script but no real change either.

I tried PingPlotter as well though there are some packet drops but i could find same when video plays perfectly.

What can do further to debug ? Also 12 PM - 5 PM IST is peak time could it be bandwidth issue since everyone is using internet during that time ?

Having problems at peak times and expecting to troubleshoot it is a waste of time, IMO.

You can call your ISP and lodge a complaint with them. They may give your connection a boost (I've seen it happen). But of course, that happens to the detriment of other customers. (There is only so much bandwidth each ISP has). ;)

Thanks for the reply I forgot to mention I have 150 up and down what speed boost are you talking about?

Also one thing to note is during this time I can easily stream from other international sites like AT&T or sling

The 'boost' I am talking about is how the ISP can (greatly if they want) overprovision your connection to avoid any issues from their and your end.

If the issues if from the server you're connecting to, well...

Curious also why you are running such an old firmware today? Even the 384.19_0 offered many fixes over your currently installed version.

I don't think source is problem since I tried with mobile data as Hotspot and there are no issues in it so something on router or my isp but unable to explain the issue to isp as they say speed test is fine.

Also 384.18 was only released in June and I'm only one version behind.

It is 384.19 or 386.1 maybe you got confused but 384.19 is on his onedrive

Not any longer. All editions NOT IN BETA TESTING are HERE: https://sourceforge.net/projects/asuswrt-merlin/files/RT-AC68U/Release/

BETA RELEASES HERE: https://sourceforge.net/projects/asuswrt-merlin/files/RT-AC68U/Beta/

The ONEDRIVE this time around is used to correct bad BETA's for more immediate fixes.
I don't believe any are valid now that BETA 3 is out. AX86U BETA4 Kludge Fix

Last edited:
??? o_O

I don't either (just by looking at the changelog), but many times, fixes are in newer firmware without having been called out either. ;)

Thanks for the reply I forgot to mention I have 150 up and down what speed boost are you talking about?
Doesn't matter what speed your ISP provisioned you for. Cable internet is particularly susceptible to the problem of "peak times." I have friends with Spectrum connections that are supposed to be 500 Mbps and they fall all the way down to 15 Mbps during peak times some days. It's a problem with how DOCSIS works and ISPs oversubscribing their lines. Everybody in the neighborhood is sharing the connection and if everyone's on at once it gets slow. Real fiber to the home services like FiOS are much less likely to suffer from this problem as each house has its own fiber connection.

That's not the only possible problem. Your ISP could have a peering issue that only affects certain routes. I see that often enough, too.

Not any longer. All editions NOT IN BETA TESTING are HERE: https://sourceforge.net/projects/asuswrt-merlin/files/RT-AC68U/Release/

BETA RELEASES HERE: https://sourceforge.net/projects/asuswrt-merlin/files/RT-AC68U/Beta/

The ONEDRIVE this time around is used to correct bad BETA's for more immediate fixes.
I don't believe any are valid now that BETA 3 is out. AX86U BETA4 Kludge Fix
I prefer to use his onedrive folder faster downloading and easier to find the build you need

I prefer to use his onedrive folder faster downloading and easier to find the build you need

He's not using the folder the same way. It's being used for Alpha builds and quick fixes for Beta's that are pulled or need a sub variant fix.
He was public (made a post) regarding the announcement of how Beta releases will now be handled.