What's new

streaming movies

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Solaman

New Around Here
I was wondering if it is possible to stream vidio wirelessly from desk top to tv. I know people that use DVI HDMI cable connected to a laptop to watch movies on there tv from net flicks off the internet.

The HDMI cable method works because it is a trusted, encrypted environment.
There are products such as the D-Link PC-on-TV that will take anything on a computer screen and send it wired or wirelessly to a TV. But they are not HD quality.

I think you can do that via a Network Media Player.

ON the wireless, you may have problem of high bit rate video clips... such as Blu ray or other HD content

A Networked Media Tank like the Popcorn Hour will do that but I don't think it's possible without some form of hardware in between the two.

movie streaming, computer to HDTV

I am disappointed with the responses as I have the same unsolved problem.
I am exploring 3 possibilities: 1) MoCA ethernet adapters in some fashion,2) a CAT 5 hookup and 3) a dedicated computer with HDMI out capability. From the advise I'm getting, the ethernet adapters are out because I have FIOS cable for
internet and Comcast HD hookup for the tv. I'm told they are not compatable. I am considering a rebuilding an old computer into a media center but would like a less expensive solution if one is available. In discussing this idea with a tech, is was told that if the processor is reasonably current, replacing the motherboard is not necessary and an updated vidio card with a DVI out will do the job. I would appreciate thoughts and ideas. I have a new Panasonic tcp50g15 on the way for the core or my home theater. :confused: Stan P

If you want HD support, your video card needs to support HDMI.

I was wondering if it is possible to stream vidio wirelessly from desk top to tv. I know people that use DVI HDMI cable connected to a laptop to watch movies on there tv from net flicks off the internet.

You need a wireless bridge device for your TV if it has LAN port on it already. Or connect the desktop directly to the TV via VGA or HDMI if the Video card has such a setup.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!