What's new

Streaming radio stops when transferring big file on AC1200G+

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

banger

Was streaming a radio station on 2.4 Ghz on my Amazon devices and started a transfer of a 4 gigabyte file from wired PC to 5 Ghz Laptop. After about 1 gigabyte of data had transferred over from wired PC to Laptop the streaming stopped. I have QoS on but that is for the Internet line. Just upgraded firmware to 3.0.0.4.382_52259 is this another bug to report to Asus or has anyone got a workaround or experienced similar on any other Asus device?

Was streaming a radio station on 2.4 Ghz on my Amazon devices and started a transfer of a 4 gigabyte file from wired PC to 5 Ghz Laptop. After about 1 gigabyte of data had transferred over from wired PC to Laptop the streaming stopped. I have QoS on but that is for the Internet line. Just upgraded firmware to 3.0.0.4.382_52259 is this another bug to report to Asus or has anyone got a workaround or experienced similar on any other Asus device?
Do you use fixed WIFI channels? If not, you should. Ch 1, 6, or 11 on 2.4 GHZ @ 20 MHZ and a non DFS channel for 5 GHZ.

I will give that a try although I have a bug in with Asus where the 5 ghz is set as manual in the firmware but keeps changing lol

So far so good with 2.4 set at 11 and 5 set at 44, no drops.

This happened again but with DNS Probe set to 2 the drop is minimal and streaming continues. Still experimenting.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!