What's new

Stupid question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
How does dual band routers work compared to normal routers or single band routers I guess you could say?

Also is it best to keep Smartconnect (I think it is called sorry) on with Asus dual band routers ?

How does dual band routers work compared to normal routers or single band routers I guess you could say?
Single band (legacy) routers run at 2.4 GHz and support legacy protocols B, G (and N). Dual band routers use a 2.4GHz radio and a 5GHz radio. 5GHz supports newer protocols N, AC and emerging. Roughly speaking 2.4GHz goes "further" and 5GHz is "faster".

I was tempted to ask, have you googled "stupid question" as a query:)? Not serious and not fair. Klueless has the spot-on answer. There are papers, studies and fine articles available to help you in this quest. Type the same, simple question in the search engine (perhaps without the word 'stupid'). You will have thousands of interesting sites with rewarding answers. Cheers and good luck.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!