1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Syncing computer with Insync stalles my Netgear Orbi RBK50/RBS50 based network.

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by cdysthe, Dec 9, 2019.

1. cdysthe

cdysthe Regular Contributor

Hi,

I was going to sync my whole Google Drive to a new laptop using Insync. After the sync starts and runs for a minute or so the whole network slows down and then halts. In the router logs I see this:

"[DoS Attack: ARP Attack] from source: 10.0.0.4, Monday, December 09, 2019 16:33:05".

10.0.0.4 is the new laptop. As soon as I stop Insync the network is back after 30 seconds or so. On another (not Nergear) network there's no such problems, but since this is my home network it's a problem I can't get around. Can't find settings on the router to disable the firewall which I assume is causing this?

The network consists of a Netgrear CL1000 modem and an Orbi RBK50/RBS50 router combo. This is a gigabit connection and there's otherwise no problems with any of our machines and phones on the network. This does not happen with DropBox. Anything I can do to prevent this from happening? I have never had problems with InSync which I have used for years.