What's new

Syncing computer with Insync stalles my Netgear Orbi RBK50/RBS50 based network.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cdysthe

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I was going to sync my whole Google Drive to a new laptop using Insync. After the sync starts and runs for a minute or so the whole network slows down and then halts. In the router logs I see this:

"[DoS Attack: ARP Attack] from source: 10.0.0.4, Monday, December 09, 2019 16:33:05".

10.0.0.4 is the new laptop. As soon as I stop Insync the network is back after 30 seconds or so. On another (not Nergear) network there's no such problems, but since this is my home network it's a problem I can't get around. Can't find settings on the router to disable the firewall which I assume is causing this?

The network consists of a Netgrear CL1000 modem and an Orbi RBK50/RBS50 router combo. This is a gigabit connection and there's otherwise no problems with any of our machines and phones on the network. This does not happen with DropBox. Anything I can do to prevent this from happening? I have never had problems with InSync which I have used for years.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!