What's new

Synology Announces Mesh Router With WPA3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lol! What just happened over here? Did you flip the router?
The picture is flipped but the router is laying on this grill/organizer that I got from Target. The router is still somewhat warm but it’s cooling down faster I hope. I am not sure if they should have used a bigger heat sink.

The picture is flipped but the router is laying on this grill/organizer that I got from Target. The router is still somewhat warm but it’s cooling down faster I hope. I am not sure if they should have used a bigger heat sink.
That explains. How is it in terms of performance? I returned it just today

That explains. How is it in terms of performance? I returned it just today
Performance thus far is good for the most part. With the exception of short disconnects on the 2.4 ghz, everything is good. I have not experienced these disconnects since I last did a few days ago, when I was testing in my smartphone as I was streaming Hulu. My smart speakers use the 2.4ghz band and those have been solid when I use them too. Also, most of my devices, the ones I use all the time are on the 5ghz band perform quite well and download and overall internet experience is way more solid. I download entire playlists in less than a minute now on Apple Music, where as before it would take more than 5 minutes at times. For now, I’ll keep it even with the light warmness/heat, which to a degree (to a point) I believe is normal.

Not to change the subject back to the subject of the original posting, can't wait to see a review of the Synology tri-band MR2200ac.

Is a review in-progress or being planned? I like the reference to management via a web client, like to see the full picture *smile*.

This is probably going to be a dumb question.

With regards setting up a RT2600ac and MR2200ac in a mesh configuration. Synology’s product page for the MR says it ‘self-heals, always giving you the fastest possible path to the Internet’. What I want to know is if the system will automatically select either a WiFi back haul or LAN depending which gives the best performance?

The reason I ask is that sometimes I get good WiFi connects, sometimes not. I also have a HomePlug setup and sometimes that’s better than WiFi, sometimes not (and occasionally drops out completely).

I haven’t been able to find any info from Synology about the self healing aspect at all.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!