What's new

Synology reveals its RT2600ac router at Computex

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

just to get things back on track , srm 1.1 which will feature on the rt2600ac is now available for beta testing on the rt1900ac as posted by tim

I cannot recommend this if you are using this router as your production router. Synology explicitly mentioned that you will NOT be able to go back to SRM 1.0.

I cannot recommend this if you are using this router as your production router. Synology explicitly mentioned that you will NOT be able to go back to SRM 1.0.

and is exactly what the beta says in the top of the release notes

Before Starting
Please read the following before installing SRM 1.1 Beta:

1. For evaluation only -- SRM 1.1 Beta is for evaluation purposes only. We do not suggest installing it in production environments. You are strongly recommended to read the Known Issues & Limitations section before installing it. Synology cannot be held responsible for any accidental data loss caused by this beta software.
  2. Not downgradable -- After installation, you will not be able to downgrade the SRM version on your Synology Router to a previous version.
always good to read the conditions of use before proceeding + its a beta and all betas should be considered this way

I saw the below but not in English.

yes for some strange reason they seem to have released it first in poland , they released the rt1900ac here in aust first and i gave it a bit of a work over and reported the performance issues and they still released it world wide , and when they released that new fw it just about killed the 1900ac , the new fw was designed to run on the 2600ac so it will be interesting to see if the upgraded specs can handle the load and do its core routing at the same time , i still have no idea why synology didnt include link aggregation and when asked at the conference they seemed confused as to why we would want it on a router ?

i still have no idea why synology didnt include link aggregation and when asked at the conference they seemed confused as to why we would want it on a router ?

I know why - it's a check box for some vendors, but little benefit towards the target market that they're aiming for...

One can always pick up a managed switch and play with things there...

One can always pick up a managed switch and play with things there...

not really what the domestic user would want or need to do

but little benefit towards the target market that they're aiming for...

but thats my point what is the target market , as a well known supplier of NAS devices you would be appealing to those users to take up your router instead of someone elses right

the rt2600ac in its self is nothing special wifi wise at 1733M on 5 gig and 800M on 2.4 gig , so its srm management system can only help it so far , the point of difference is if it worked directly and be fully compatible with the LAG standard

like all these mesh systems , the winners will be those with a point of difference + the performance as the brand name can only provide so much comfort to the user base

i will have the rt2600ac for testing in a week or so and the proof will be in the pudding

pete

Have router in hand, upgraded and configured to my operational settings but have to move to final resting place for testing.

80+80 BW available on 5GHz and will test as well.

----

So far it's faster than the Synology RT1900AC in wireless but mixed results performance wise compared to ASUS RT-AC5300. For features and UI I'd switch to Synology but have to go through the spreadsheet to see what the "overall" numbers mean to me to dump the RT-AC5300 and it's too late for that.

Last edited: