What's new

Telnet/ssh console

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gar

Very Senior Member
New to Netgear r7800 and voxel, where is this option? Wanting to enable stubby.

Is access to this located in the voxel 61sf setup page, or a separate command or download?

Thanks

Last edited:
I still feel stupid. Easy upgrade to 61SF.

After entering /debug.htm how do I start stubby? I selected Telnet, was this wrong? I did disable 11k as I read was recommended somewhere. Noticed there wasn't a way to apply settings or reboot. Cycling power and re-entering the page showed 11k off, and after returning to normal setup page I could apply and reboot again.

It's working fine with all setup done except stubby.

What am I missing?

Last edited:
I still feel stupid. Easy upgrade to 61SF.

After entering /debug.htm how do I start stubby? I selected Telnet, was this wrong? I did disable 11k as I read was recommended somewhere. Noticed there wasn't a way to apply settings or reboot. Cycling power and re-entering the page showed 11k off, and after returning to normal setup page I could apply and reboot again.

It's working fine with all setup done except stubby.

What am I missing?

In Windows 10, once the router has telnet enabled, you need to open a command prompt and start a telnet session. You may want to google telnet commands but as I understand it (limited understanding) you enter the following at the command prompt (what some of us use to know as the DOS prompt): telnet "dot.address.of.router" without the quotes.

Generally, the dot address is 192.168.1.1

If successful telnet will respond asking for the router password.

Once connection is established, you need to enter the commands that Voxel listed to start stubby. See Voxel's thread for the firmware you are using.

If successful, then type logoff to exit the telnet session.

I am new at this too, so, others may add corrections as necessary.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!