What's new

Temporary Loss Of WiFi And Log Full Of "acs_start eth7 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info"

  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

    SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

    Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

    The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm experiencing this issue and have not been able to find a fix. I have an AX86U main with two AX86U nodes. I set the channel to auto, then back to a preset channel and that doesn't fix it unfortunately. If I leave it on Auto it's fine but then after a while it puts me on a congested lower-power channel, and I really need to be on channel 100.

I don't know what to do... I'm not using Merlin, using stock on all 3 routers, but thought I'd post here anyway as I've already posted in the other thread.

I'm getting some strange results. The first time when I tried the "change to auto then change back to set channel" fix I was able to reboot but now when I reboot even the router the issue comes back.

I've been able to track it down to cfg_server setting the acs_ifnames NVRAM key to "eth7" (even though both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi settings are set to a specific channel) and then calling the restart_acsd event. Fortunately that means the event can be interrupted with the service-event script and the acs_ifnames NVRAM key can be set to nothing before acsd actually starts. That's what I did and so far no matter what reboots things are looking good.

It makes sense that this is related to having nodes because the whole issue is started by cfg_server which apparently is responsible for communicating with nodes.
This seems promising, unfortunately it's really above my paygrade, I struggle to understand how to do this... Could you possibly give me some basic instructions on how to implement this?

Meanwhile I have started looking for an AX89X. This issue seems to mostly affect the AX86U, so I'm hoping switching to an AX89X would fix it. But who knows if it will, so ideally I'd like to find another fix. And I have no hope that Asus would fix it in firmware.
 
Last edited:
I'm experiencing this issue and have not been able to find a fix. I have an AX86U main with two AX86U nodes. I set the channel to auto, then back to a preset channel and that doesn't fix it unfortunately. If I leave it on Auto it's fine but then after a while it puts me on a congested lower-power channel, and I really need to be on channel 100.

I don't know what to do... I'm not using Merlin, using stock on all 3 routers, but thought I'd post here anyway as I've already posted in the other thread.


This seems promising, unfortunately it's really above my paygrade, I struggle to understand how to do this... Could you possibly give me some basic instructions on how to implement this?

Meanwhile I have started looking for an AX89X. This issue seems to mostly affect the AX86U, so I'm hoping switching to an AX89X would fix it. But who knows if it will, so ideally I'd like to find another fix. And I have no hope that Asus would fix it in firmware.
I had this issue with the RT-AX86U after a firmware upgrade a while back. It sounds like you saw my solution. Try restarting the router, that will probably clear the issue.

Good luck,

Morris
 
I had this issue with the RT-AX86U after a firmware upgrade a while back. It sounds like you saw my solution. Try restarting the router, that will probably clear the issue.

Good luck,

Morris
Unfortunately that doesn't fix it. I've tried everything suggested here except HarryMuscle's script quoted above that I really don't know how to do.
 

Similar threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top