What's new

spdMerlin The future of spdMerlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Other than:
  • Disable/enable options when automatic testing is on/off
  • AutoBW in WebUI
I think v4 is almost feature complete!
;) Great job! It looks like you have managed to give me an excuse to run 5 VPN'S :cool:. This is quite a unique accomplishment Jack. Thank you for your awesome work. -- Does the AutoBW have capabilities to work along side flexQoS?

;) Great job! It looks like you have managed to give me an excuse to run 5 VPN'S :cool:. This is quite a unique accomplishment Jack. Thank you for your awesome work. -- Does the AutoBW have capabilities to work along side flexQoS?
flexqos 1.0.6 will work best, as it picks up on a restart_qos event call (which spdmerlin makes with the autobw feature)

flexqos 1.0.6 will work best, as it picks up on a restart_qos event call (which spdmerlin makes with the autobw feature)
v1.0.6 is still lingering in the development branch since I had to make some significant changes to eliminate the requirement for a restart_firewall. So I'm hoping for more victims testers to confirm I didn't break anything since I no longer receive the wan interface name from the firewall-start script.

v1.0.6 is still lingering in the development branch since I had to make some significant changes to eliminate the requirement for a restart_firewall. So I'm hoping for more victims testers to confirm I didn't break anything since I no longer receive the wan interface name from the firewall-start script.
v4 is also in develop so hopefully users know what they're in for :D

Thanks for the latest update Jack. Unfortunately I can't Save any changes from the GUI, nothing happens when I press the Save button. Below are the errors from the Console:

Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: prefix is not defined
    at SaveConfig (user5.asp:1269)
    at HTMLInputElement.onclick (user5.asp:1)
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://192.168.1.5/ext/shared-jy/hammer.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Also if Auto BW is Enabled does it automatically adjust the QoS Bandwidth values to the Configured scale factor after each Speadtest? It does work if I Update the values manually with Option 1.

no problem! looks like like spdmerlin directory is there. does the webui still show jffs?
yes. And there's not graphs there yet.
1605657594884.png

It's nor even running. System log says:

Nov 17 18:42:01 RT-AC86U-8F38 spdMerlin: No interfaces enabled, exiting

I'm not complaining, just testing to help if I can.

I tried a manual run, but it didn't run either.
Maybe restart it or force restart?

Last edited:

v1.0.6 appears to be doing the good work here!:cool:

Also if Auto BW is Enabled does it automatically adjust the QoS Bandwidth values to the Configured scale factor after each Speadtest? It does work if I Update the values manually with Option 1.
Question to all users.

Should AutoBW apply to all speedtests, whether manual or scheduled, or scheduled only? (I don't want to make this configurable, there's enough options already!)

Question to all users.

Should AutoBW apply to all speedtests, whether manual or scheduled, or scheduled only? (I don't want to make this configurable, there's enough options already!)
i vote for scheduled as i run mine nightly when everyone is asleep with less traffic to compete with. manual i may run to see what i get randomly during the day and it may be less consistent.

From what I've seen, Asus' speedtest inclusion in 386 looks very good, making me unsure if I should continue with spdMerlin as a project.

For anyone running 386, is there anything spdMerlin does that Asus' doesn't, and vice versa?

Hi, yes I have 386 alpha2 build and I prefer running spdMerlin because:
- it is more consistent speed than Asus Ookla test (once TrendMicro is disabled of course)
- runs on scheduled times building performance history while asus test is on demand
- remembers chosen Ookla server, while Asus test does not
Please keep it.

I too vote for scheduled since if it is done with every manual speedtest it will restart the FlexQoS every time I run the speedtest which will result dropping my active audio streamign connections.

It looks like there are three folders on my /mnt/sandisk32 usb: entware, skynet, lost+found, and myswap.swp file
It don't look like it unless it puts them in a subfolder. And if I am looking in the right place. I am still a 1st grade Linux student.
But that makes me wonder where the other scripts are putting their data on the usb.
Man, that is awesome, I just loaded it.
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but when I changed the data location in the UI to usb, it stayed to jffs. I am pretty sure I had it on usb before.
Is this a feature that isn't quite ready yet maybe?
I had this same issue after upgrade. I did first time manually using AMTM and WebUI has caught up.

Question to all users.

Question for dummies - what is AutoBW and how does it differ from exclusion from QoS? No using QoS so do not quite understand.

Question for dummies - what is AutoBW and how does it differ from exclusion from QoS? No using QoS so do not quite understand.
Set QoS upload/download bandwidth using spdMerlin (via Ookla speedtests)