What's new

spdMerlin The future of spdMerlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For me - this only happens on first visit to the Speedtest page in webui.
If you click-close all the ones that are empty or that you don't want - they remain closed [I guess until you clear cache & cookies - or click-open them again]. ;)
Though I admire and respect your addicting enthusiasm, I fail to see the need for the wasted space in general for something that is disabled. I hope you can understand. Thank you for your suggestion.

May have spotted a bug. See screen output from CLI ...
Code:
3.    VPNC1
      Preferred: Off - Server: None configured

Choose an option:    3

What would you like to do?

1.    Toggle preferred server on/off - currently: Off
2.    Set preferred server - currently: None configured

Choose an option:    2

Generating list of closest servers for VPNC1...

/opt/bin/spdmerlin: line 2782: jq: not found
[: bad number
1)
2)
3)
4)

etc etc with no end result - so exit with CTRL+C

VPNC1 uses VPNUNlimited to connect to UK.
Actually looks like jq is missing. Can you check by running
Code:
 opkg install jq
please?

@Jack Yaz , I noticed the option to setup 'AutoBW'...if enabled, does this option work while using cake as well or maybe not recommended to use with cake?

Really appreciated.
currently only works with adaptive qos (but doesn't actually commit to nvram yet). i need to check with @dave14305 on the best way to trigger flexqos if installed after changing bandwidth values

does cake-qos store bandwidth values in a config file, or provide a command line hook?

Actually looks like jq is missing. Can you check by running
Code:
 opkg install jq
please?

Spot on as usual - no idea how or why it was missing ... I had simply upgraded from prior version with "spdmerlin develop" command.
Used option "uf" a couple of times since. Perhaps you need a test for presence of jq ?

Spot on as usual - no idea how or why it was missing ... I had simply upgraded from prior version with "spdmerlin develop" command.
Used option "uf" a couple of times since. Perhaps you need a test for presence of jq ?
There's a check on install, so either another script you use uninstalled it or was uninstalled manually. I'll add the check prior to any jq calls so it'll always be reinstalled if it wanders off again

does cake-qos store bandwidth values in a config file, or provide a command line hook?

I want to guess an say the bandwidth values are stored in a config file.

However, anyone smarter than me using cake care to this answer this question? :)

I did a test today and realized that with Exclude speedtests from QoS set to No the script limits the results to the Upload Bandwidth limit set on the QoS page but not the Download Bandwidth limit. I use FlexQoS, I don't know how Cake QoS behaves in that scenario. I'm on V4.0.0 and have applied the latest hotfixes.

currently only works with adaptive qos (but doesn't actually commit to nvram yet). i need to check with @dave14305 on the best way to trigger flexqos if installed after changing bandwidth values

Very exited to see AutoBW. I'm using FlexQoS. Should your AutoBW implementation be working?
If I select the option to manually update the values it says the where updated but if I go to the qOS screen on the router it still has the old values.

Also noticed that if I try to change the storage location from the webgui to USB it goes back to jffs when saving. Same things happens with the URL to database option. I change it to Yes but when saving it goes back to NO.

The CLI shows stoarge as USB and storage of URL true.

Last edited:
Very exited to see AutoBW. I'm using FlexQoS. Should your AutoBW implementation be working?
If I select the option to manually update the values it says the where updated but if I go to the qOS screen on the router it still has the old values.

Also noticed that if I try to change the storage location from the webgui to USB it goes back to jffs when saving. Same things happens with the URL to database option. I change it to Yes but when saving it goes back to NO.

The CLI shows stoarge as USB and storage of URL true.
Can you check if you've got a config file in both /jffs/addons and /opt/share?

Only in /opt/share/spdmerlin.d

EDIT: here you go.. think it has to do with the Schedule selector. I had it set to hourly. If I change it back to half hourly this error goes away and the settings save correctly

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined at Toggle_ScheduleFrequency (user1.asp:1469) at Object.success (user1.asp:1187) at c (jquery.js:3) at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:3) at k (jquery.js:5) at XMLHttpRequest.r (jquery.js:5)

EDIT: here you go.. think it has to do with the Schedule selector. I had it set to hourly. If I change it back to half hourly this error goes away and the settings save correctly

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined at Toggle_ScheduleFrequency (user1.asp:1469) at Object.success (user1.asp:1187) at c (jquery.js:3) at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:3) at k (jquery.js:5) at XMLHttpRequest.r (jquery.js:5)
I'll take a look

Yes.. now it looks like its working correctly.

About the AutoBW... I'm using FlexQOS. If I manually set the up/down limit from within spdmerlin CLI I get the message that the speed has been updated (tells me current and past values) but when I go to the qos settings page the values arent changed. Is the AutoBW implementation supposed to be working with FlexQos?

Yes.. now it looks like its working correctly.

About the AutoBW... I'm using FlexQOS. If I manually set the up/down limit from within spdmerlin CLI I get the message that the speed has been updated (tells me current and past values) but when I go to the qos settings page the values arent changed. Is the AutoBW implementation supposed to be working with FlexQos?
As per the quoted post when you asked last time, no, the values aren't committed to nvram yet.

server selection WIP
696daf2cde.gif

Good grief ... the wizardry continues :D. Well done again @Jack Yaz .