What's new

The GT-AXE11000 and Windows 11Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Damas. I have the AXE11000 and was also having difficulty with my Win11 PC seeing the wifi. When I did a clean install of Win 11, it installed old drivers for some reason, so I updated the drivers to version 22.100.1.1 and was able to see the 6E wifi. Also, I've done a lot of testing on the router and came to the conclusion to leave it as default, it actually performs best at default, even if you see congestion in the bands you are using. The only changes I made were the recommended ones for security, update the firmware and change the Intel driver.

I do have a problem seeing the 6E wifi on occasion, which a reboot of the PC helps, or sometimes it takes a couple of minutes to see the wifi after booting up, so I would say that the drivers are still not stable for win11. I would also say that 6E is a joy...I get a fast 830Mbps with low jitter over this router. My MB is Asus ROG Strix Z690-E.

Keep looking for updates on the driver if you have the occasional issue and regarding the router, I'm really not sure why default channel settings work best, I really don't. I would like to choose the control channel, but doing so slows down the connection, almost halving it on any of the bands. During my testing I've probably reset to default settings 50 or more times trying all sorts of combos...default just works best.
I would like to add that changing nearly any of the options for 2.4, 5 or 6 cuts my speed in half. Its really odd and I suspect there is a bug in saving the new config.
I just checked the latest Intel drivers for win11 and the new one is 22.110.1. I will test this today to see if it helps with the delay in seeing the 6E. The release notes are mostly for windows 10. You can grab the drivers here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...i-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

Thank you so much for your replies.. really I appreciated it. I totally agree with you, win 11 driver has bugs even MB from Asus factory say ready windows 11 and wifi 6e... even I've reset to default settings at least 10 times or more.. but now my PC can see the wifi 6e but my laptop and smartphone (Samsung S21 Ultra) which support wifi 6e can't see it....:(

FYI, the wifi 6e driver 22.110.1 I downloaded from intel site for win 11 since I got the AXE11000.

sss.jpg

Well, I can no longer connect to my AXE11000 with 6E. My MB just doesn't see it. I've uninstalled the AX210 device, reinstalled, updated drivers and no-go. I've checked the registry to ensure that the entry for Is6GhzBandSupported is set to 1 (yes). I've moved my antenna around, no difference. I've tried various settings in the driver, nothing works.

Does anyone have a solid connection with 6E, ie your device is able to see it regularly?

Well, I can no longer connect to my AXE11000 with 6E. My MB just doesn't see it. I've uninstalled the AX210 device, reinstalled, updated drivers and no-go. I've checked the registry to ensure that the entry for Is6GhzBandSupported is set to 1 (yes). I've moved my antenna around, no difference. I've tried various settings in the driver, nothing works.

Does anyone have a solid connection with 6E, ie your device is able to see it regularly?

Hi, my MB pc and laptop can see wifi 6e, I don't how!! but the only thing I did I factory reset the AXE11000. So, I a device you to do factory reset maybe will fix like me.

Note: I received 2 days ago a new update FW so, maybe this was fixed. so, check maybe will fix it. Goodluck.

I got it working again by disabling the adapter ax210, then uninstalling it, checking the box to uninstall settings, then a shutdown and restart, don't connect to wifi, but instead updated the drivers by installing the latest package. I did not update the drivers via the adapter itself. Then a complete shutdown, restart and wifi 6 came up. I've done this before and it didn't work, so not sure why it works now.

There is a new firmware for the router, so I updated the firmware, reset the router and went thru the process of re-installing the ax210 and drivers after I reset the router to factory defaults so that the adapter also had a clean install. Everything works well and I'm able to connect to wifi 6. My speedtest went from 490Mbps to 820Mbps after resetting the router to factory settings.

Last, I disabled WPS and turned uPnP off. I did not change any other settings. I've found that changing anything within the wireless settings will reduce my speedtest speeds in half. Perhaps this has been addressed with the new firmware, I don't know, I could test it later.

For now, I'm leaving it alone.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!